IMD, GSAM Americas Client Business, Client Relationship Manager, Analy
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Goldman Sachs USA
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
Are you a dynamic, quick-thinking self-starter with a passion for the financial markets, exceptional interpersonal skills and interest in client services? We are looking for a professional with strong communication skills who has the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and successfully retain and expand existing relationships by delivering superior client service. The Client Relationship Manager will support a diverse set of investment products - equities, fixed income, and alternative - through various distribution vehicles in a fast paced environment.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
Client Relationship Management sits within our Americas Client Business and is focused on clients across our intermediary distribution channels. Client Relationship Managers are dedicated to retaining, expanding and supporting existing client relationships, partnering closely with the sales team, keeping them abreast of recent interactions and dialog with clients.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Contribute to a broad platform that serves as the client's main point of contact for a diverse set of functional areas, including portfolio management, trading, operations, legal, and compliance.
- Provide a superior level of service across all aspects of the client experience, including portfolio reviews, management of client inquiries, ad hoc issue resolution, coordination of liquidity needs, negotiation of customized and standardized report delivery, and management of client meetings.
- Strong awareness of client interests and investment trends coupled with the intellectual curiosity to explore and research those areas in order to best deliver the resources of the firm to our clients.
- Help coordinate life-cycle events of client accounts, including implementation of new business, account restructures and terminations. Requires managing tasks across a multi-disciplined team generally consisting of Strategic Client Services, Client Implementation, Portfolio Management, Trading, Operations, Controllers, Risk Management, Legal, Compliance, and Accounting/Billing.
- Work on special projects that build out the service model and infrastructure to create scale and efficiencies within the client relationship manager function
- Join the Client Relationship Management Team's apprenticeship structure, working closely with other team members to deliver a superior standard of service to our clients.
- Grow within the role to become an effective client advocate within GSAM and find creative ways to deliver the resources of the firm
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree and strong academic background required
- 1-2 years of work experience, preferably at an asset management firm
- Strong project management skills including ability to organize and track multiple threads of activity, ability to deliver on tight timelines, hands-on approach to resolving issues, detail oriented, excellent communication skills
- A bility to build the trust and confidence of clients, ability to strengthen client relationships through ongoing dialog and interactions, ability to work well with others internally to accomplish client objectives
- Strong communication skills, ability to summarize client meetings and/or other client interactions to various levels within the organization
- Ability to excel in a team-environment
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Series 7 and 63 licensed or obtained within 3 months of joining
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
IMD, GSAM Americas Client Business, Client Relationship Manager, Analyst