Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Property Personnel
Our client is an independent estate agency with over 30 years' experience buying, selling and renting properties in South West London. They offer a friendly, tailor-made service and work hard to achieve the best possible service for their customers.
This is an excellent opportunity for a customer-focused Property Manager, looking to progress within a reputable company. This role will be varied; therefore, flexibility in your approach to tasks and responsibilities will be essential.
You will be required to deal with the day to day management of properties within the Residential Lettings portfolio. The requirement is for a proactive, versatile and self-assured individual who will be able to carry out tasks successfully following specific instructions.
Duties will include the following:
• Managing a property portfolio of around 170 private residential tenancies
• Daily liaison with tenants, landlords and contractors; dealing with questions, complaints and updates
• Appointment and monitoring of contractors
• Invoice authorisation
• Carrying out property inspections and writing reports of outcomes and letters to landlords and tenants
• Ensuring tenant / contractor / landlord compliance with statutory and contractual obligations
• Providing property management advice within area of expertise to existing and potential clients
• Writing letters and reports
• Organising gas safety certificates, electrical certificates and EPCs
• Organising quotes for repair / maintenance on behalf of landlords and overseeing works
• Arranging inventory check in and out reports
• Handling tenancy deposit returns.
Essential experience, skills & knowledge:
• ARLA qualified would be an advantage
• Good standard of general education (numeracy and literacy)
• Full UK Driving Licence
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office package, including Word and Excel
• Strong typing skills
• Ability to prioritise workload and use own initiative
• Good team player with a flexible approach to work
• Excellent communication skills
• Previous property management experience
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
The salary will be up to £27,000 dependent on the level of experience.