IMD, PWM, Trust Services, West Coast Marketing Officer - Vice Presiden
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Goldman Sachs USA
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
Are you an independent, quick-thinking self-starter with a passion for helping families achieve their long-term financial goals? Do you have the desire to work closely with top fiduciary, tax and wealth management professionals, and possess the ability to think outside the box? The Goldman Sachs Trust Company (GSTC) is seeking a West Coast Marketing Officer who has the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail, strong communication skills, and client service are essential to maintaining and enhancing our business.
GSTC is an integral part of the Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) client experience. We offer an innovative approach to fiduciary administration integrating of all the resources of Goldman Sachs. Our GSTC Marketing Officers coordinate with the Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) to deliver a superior experience for our PWM clients.
PWM secures, develops and manages relationships with high net worth individuals, their families, family offices and foundations. Further, PWM assists these clients with building and preserving their financial wealth by creating and implementing long-term asset management, within the context of each client's particular risk tolerance, and by providing access to innovative investment strategies and opportunities. PWM professionals offer a full array of wealth management products and services, including corporate fiduciary services through the GSTC.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Represent the GSTC on the West Coast
- Work closely with PWM professionals from the Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle offices on GSTC business solicitation and development.
- Coordinate client management with the PWA (the primary relationship manager)
- Interpret and understand trust and related documents, using senior staff, internal and external counsel as necessary
- Attend client meetings and conference calls
- Participate in internal and external marketing efforts
- Interact with client attorneys and advisors
WHERE WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT
Our Private Wealth Management business spans the globe, with the following locations in the United States: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Miami (Florida and Latin America coverage), Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington, D.C., Wilmington and West Palm Beach
The West Coast Marketing Officer position is can be based in either the San Francisco or Los Angeles GS office.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 10+ years of experience at a well-known trust company
- Comprehensive knowledge of personal trusts
- Extensive marketing and client relationship management experience
- Broad experience with tax and estate planning strategies
- Entrepreneurial and highly motivated
- College degree required, JD degree preferred
- Familiarity with the private client investment process
- Entrepreneurial and highly motivated
- Strong team orientation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and think clearly under pressure
- Self-motivated and able to work in an autonomous, yet collaborative environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to excellence and a high level of integrity
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
IMD, PWM, Trust Services, West Coast Marketing Officer - Vice President