Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by PJ Dick-Trumbull-Lindy
New Galilee, PA
COMPANY Lindy Paving Incorporated
FUNCTIONAL GROUP Engineering
ALL ADDRESSES New Galilee, PA
Headquartered near the borders of Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia, Lindy Paving is widely recognized as one of the largest and most successful asphalt paving contractors and manufacturers in the tri-state area. Due to rapid and continued growth, we are seeking Engineers for the Western PA and Central West Virginia areas.
Provide technical engineering information to company supervision and crafts to insure construction work complies with Contract Specifications and Documents.
- Interpret design/drawings for crafts installing material.
- Collect daily foreman timesheets and input labor, equipment, trucking, material and quantities into cost collection system.
- Calculate daily performance reports and review with Project Managers to monitor actual cost to original budget per cost account.
- Complete quantity takeoffs to monitor progress and percentage complete per work item including potential overruns and underruns.
- Prepare and submit required project documents including new contracts with subcontractors, project schedules, material requirements, daily reports, etc.
- Prepare drawings and sketches to support phasing and scheduling of construction work.
- Prepare various charts, tables and reports for project analysis.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
Entry level position. Candidates must have a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or a degree in Construction Management/Construction Technology. Prior experience working on government owned projects for the PA Department of Transportation or the Turnpike Commission is a plus. Ideal candidate will have excellent communication, organizational, time-management and problem-solving skills.
Alliance Search Solutions