Sessional Assessing Social Workers
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by TACT
TACT are currently seeking Sessional Assessing Social Workers to carry out Form F Assessments across our TACT North East Region
TACT are currently seeking a number of home-based Sessional Assessing Social Workers to carry out Form F Assessments in our NE Region, particularly in the Tees Valley Area where we have a growing presence.
TACT is the UK's largest specialist charity provider of fostering and adoption services. Our core work involves providing high quality and well supported fostering or adoptive families for children and young people in the care of local authorities. Working in partnership with local authorities from our offices across England, Wales and Scotland, we are dedicated to providing creative, effective and outcome-focused services. We also campaign on behalf of children and young people in care, carers and adoptive families and are a leading voice in the sector.
Our vision is to provide better lives for our children and young people.
- To undertake and complete Form F assessments in the timescale set out in TACT's policy and guidance.
- To visit personal referees as identified on application form for prospective foster carer/s.
- To ensure that all checks and references are undertaken and completed.
- To provide to the supervisor, regular written updates of the draft assessment.
- To liaise with the administrative department concerning the progress of administrative checks and completion of the Form F.
- To be available for supervision, consultation or liaison as required.
- To be available to present completed Form F's to TACT's fostering panel and provide support to the applicants through this process.
- To be aware of TACT's child protection procedures and immediately report any child protection matter or concerns to a TACT manager and any relevant placing authority and the area authority.
- To carry out the duties in line with TACT's Foster Carer and Supervising Social Worker Standards and Practice Guidance.
Rates of Pay
- TACT will pay £1,900 plus VAT upon successful completion of a Form F Assessment.
- Travelling time is included in the above payments unless travelling is in excess of 1 hour in each direction, in which case travelling time will be paid for the 'in excess' period only at £15 per hour.
- TACT will pay £33 per hour for initial visits, assessments which are not completed, and any other piece of work.
Please see the Applicant Information Pack for a full breakdown of the role and rates.
You will need to be DipSW, CSS or CQSW qualified and registered with the HCPC. An enhanced disclosure and barring check is also required and will be undertaken by TACT on your behalf.
- Closing: Midnight on Wednesday 30th January 2019
- Interviews: 8th February 2019 at TACT North East Offices, Gateshead (NE11 9NE)