Human Resources Manager
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Anonymous
Palmer McCarthy have teamed up with a leading Global provider of comprehensive security and investigation services to assist them in their search for a Human Resources Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward-thinking business dedicated to bringing change and enhancement to the contract guarding sector.
What are they offering?
* Salary circa £40k
* 20 days annual leave (excl Bank Holidays)
* Monday - Friday 0(phone number removed)
* Flexible working hours subject to operational requirements
* A great opportunity to work in close partnership with senior management to prepare and implement HR strategies - these guys are always looking for innovative ideas to be better, quicker, faster and first!
What are they asking for?
You will need to have experience of working as an HR Assistant, HR Generalist or HR Business Partner and enjoy working in a fast-paced, growing environment. It goes without saying that you will be an excellent communicator with a calm and considered approach, self-motivated with a desire to be the best. The ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure and interact well within a forward-thinking Management team is essential and ideally you will be CIPD qualified, working toward your CIPD or able to start studying towards this within the 1st year of employment.
* Design and work across various HR projects
* Advise managers and provide policy guidance on all HR policy and procedures
* Assisting and delivering training to managers around policies, procedures and current UK employment legislation's
* Keep up to date with UK employment legislation
* Manage investigations and complex employee relations casework including dispute resolutions, disciplinary, grievances, short and long-term sick, appeals, restructure/redundancies, absence management, TUPE, performance management
* Develop and maintain HR policies
* Track and manage right to work in the UK eligibility
* Co-ordinate work placement and apprenticeship processes
* Manage HR files for all employees to ensure they are legally compliant and up-to-date
* Develop starters and leaver processes
* Track trends around HR processes
* Union engagement - liaise with trade unions as and when necessary
* Administration work including maintenance of employee files, drafting contracts and leave management
* Gather and evaluate market data to measure the organisation's competitiveness for salary reviews, salary and benefits packages
* Advise managers on the terms and conditions of employment and knowledge share best practice with them
* Work with appropriate parties on reward strategy
* Provide advice on recruitment and selection strategies, in line with employment legislation
* Support the recruitment process - this may include writing job descriptions and preparing interview questions and application forms etc.
* Support change management processes
Human Resource Manager; HR; Manned Guarding; CIPD; HR Assistant; HR Generalist; HR Business Partner
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again