Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Select Appointments
Executive Assistant to the Director
£28,660 - £34.189
This is a great opportunity to join a well-known Cambridge, globally influential, Institute that develops leadership and solutions for a sustainable economy.
A fantastic role in the Operations team is available for an energetic and professional Executive Assistant. You will be part of a rapidly evolving, yet 30 year old, institute at the interface between academia and the private sector. You will provide high-level administrative and personal support to the Director.
You will have considerable impact externally as you will have frequent and extensive contact, both proactive and reactive, with senior business, political and policy leaders, potential clients, funders, senior leaders and partner organisations, and may even be their main point of contact. You will therefore need to have demonstrable experience as a high level Executive Assistant, with significant communication and senior stakeholder relationship expertise.
Job role specifications:
* Comprehensive executive and administration support service to the Director, making administrative decisions on their behalf and in their absence.
* Diary management, assesses the availability and wishes of the Director to meet individuals and sets up a wide range of complex internal and external meetings held both in Cambridge and elsewhere. Manages travel arrangements and itineraries both UK and overseas.
* Act as the primary point of contact for the Director, manage communication between senior members and prioritise actions to be taken.
* Undertake preliminary research. Read papers from committees and key meetings. Prepare briefing notes and summarise to Director. Prepare and draft presentations.
* Manage projects as required including but not limited to fund-raising.
* Arrange programmes for visitors, including those with high international profile, funding bodies, senior stake holders and potential donors.
* Responsible for overseeing and co-ordinating office administration. Maintain internal management systems.
* Process expenses and monitor against budgets.
* Support HR activities such as recruitment process, be on the recruitment panel where necessary.
* Line management and training of junior staff. Acting as a role model to them.
Person Profile & Qualifications:
* Demonstrable experience as a high level Executive Assistant to a Senior Executive in a commercial environment with responsibility for complex diary management and international travel planning.
* A demonstrable interest in Sustainability.
* Capacity to build relationships with senior leaders in the public and private and not for profit sectors nationally and internationally.
* Experience with researching for reports, presentations, fund-raising proposals and projects - including project management.
* Ability to meet the requirements of a dynamic and often complex workload, with changing priorities and many interruptions.
* Highly competent in Microsoft Office package.
36.5 hours Mon-Fri Working.
36 days holiday including public holidays also 3 days to be used during Christmas when the Department is closed.
What to do next:
This is a really exciting opportunity for the right individual - if it sounds ideal for you then please apply.