Machine Operator all Shifts unskilled and skilled
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by PeopleReady
Great opportunity for an individual that is mechanically inclined. Good career path with a solid company!
POSITION EXPECTATIONS AND JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- The ability to monitor and maintain the machines assigned.
- Must learn the proper use of various precision measuring instruments.
- Must learn how to document and move materials/goods to the next operation.
- Learn to read and understand the print requirements for the machines.
- Learn and perform all record keeping responsibilities.
- Responsible for the daily lubrication of assigned machines.
- Must learn to select proper materials, make adjustments, select proper tools, and do minor machine maintenance.
- Learn the process for first piece inspection.
- Understands what is required to meet specifications of a quality product.
- Maintains good housekeeping in assigned area.
- Additional duties as assigned by Supervisor or his/her designee.
- Ability to monitor and maintain other machines as business dictates.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent.
Read, write and simple shop mathematics.
- Some machine shop
- Highly mechanical
- Auto mechanic, engine mechanic, diesel mechanic
- New HS grad with Auto and/or Machine Shop classes
- Ability to read and interpret shop drawings and documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Have good communication skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to work with close tolerances.
- Must be computer literate.
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- Must be flexible in work assignments and be able to work cooperatively as a team.
These are entry level position start at $10-$11 hr. If skilled up to lower $20 hrJB.0.00.LN
Teach For America