HR Business Partner
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Resource Solutions - M&G Prudential
HR Business Partner
Working with M&GPrudential as a HR Business Partner means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to become the best loved and most successful savings & investments business.
The forthcoming planned de-merger of M&GPrudential from the Prudential Group PLC provides a terrific opportunity to create a truly international and integrated savings and investments firm. A firm built on a rich and long history and with a commitment to an innovative future centred on the needs of customers and clients. There is a genuine opportunity to drive competitive advantage with value creation through the formation of this new organisation.
Purpose of the role:
- To work in partnership with the Senior HR Business Partner in understanding current and future business challenges, contributing to business unit objectives and proactively driving out the underlying peopleimplications
- To consolidate HR MI and draw out themes and business insights to inform HR Business partner actions and people planning activities
- To provide day to day support and guidance to managers in respective client groups, outside of self service and standard processes where required
- To support the Business Partnering team with HR projects and duties as required, ensuring adherence to policy, procedures and frameworks
- In support of the Senior HR Business Partner to ensure the smooth operation of core HR services and troubleshoot for client groups to ensure optimum service levels by liaising across the relevant HR teams
- Experience of HR, MI tools and presentation production
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams and fast paced environments
- Experience of identifying and diagnosing people related issues and deploying effective solutions
- Detailed level of knowledge of the HR life cycle and associated policies and processes
- Working knowledge of life and pensions products, markets, and competitors
- Detailed knowledge of major project delivery methods
- Working knowledge of Prudential products, systems and distribution methods
- Detailed knowledge of project and change management principles, tools and methodologies
- Detailed knowledge of risk management principles and their impacts through the HR life cycle Broad generalist HR knowledge across all disciplines gained through experience (either a previous generalist role or two specialist roles) in a complex and regulated business
- Working knowledge of methods for managing and evaluating performance across large scale projects or performance of HR teams/function
- Working knowledge of financial services legislatory and regulatory frameworks
- Ability to work without supervision whilst being able to manage upwards and keep the team informed where necessary
- Confident in dealing with multiple stakeholder groups > Strong analytical and organisational skills as well as Big Picture thinking
- Able to think about the best outcome for our customers and stakeholders
- Gravitas and ability to be pragmatic where appropriate
- Creative, can see the potential of new ideas and is able to create practical models to develop ideas and concepts through to execution
- Relevant professional qualifications (eg CIPD) or equivalent professional experience
People who work at M&GPrudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It's also an innovative, high-performing, commercial environment that's totally focused on customers.
Duration: 3 months
Please be advised that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to share your personal data with both M&G and Prudential.