Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Anonymous
You will exceed customer expectations by giving the highest quality of service.
Ideally we want to hear from people who have a background which includes management or supervisor level experience gained in high street or charity retail. If you haven't don't worry, we are just as interested in people who want a career in retail, are prepared to work hard and are eager to learn. If that sounds like you then we would love to hear from you too. In return we offer a great benefits package including Core Induction and Training, development opportunities, an Employee Assistance Programme and 25 days holiday.
To apply, please forward your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role. Please quote the job title and location in the subject box
Unfortunately, if you have not received a response within four weeks of application, you have not been successful on this occasion.
To assist the manager to deliver sales/profit targets through the effective management and motivation of the shop team including volunteers. Exceed customer expectations by giving the highest quality of service. Adhere to the Mind mission and core values of the charity
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
To assist the manager in the following and to have full responsibility when the manager is not there:
• To ensure that all sales targets , KPI's and results are communicated and that all staff are aware of, understand and are working to meet/exceed the agreed targets and KPI's
• Ensures maximum stock availability through effective control of collections - generating and sourcing high quality stock, monitoring stock flow into the shop and managing the delivery schedule for the collectors
• Achieves the optimum price point for all stock items and promotional merchandise for seasoned and windowed themes. Continually reviews the rotation, quality and replenishment of stock in order to maximise sales
• Provides direction and support to shop staff to actively promote Gift Aid in order to maximise contributions from donations. Identifies local market and business development opportunities for performance improvement
• Presents and maintains the highest standards of shop merchandising and visual layout
• Proactively recruits for volunteers, effectively plans volunteer cover and trains in areas related to business needs to realise their full sales potential and contribution to the shop performance
• Provides regular performance feedback, conducts formal performance reviews, trains and develops shop staff in customer service standards, operating standards and retailing skills
• Monitors and controls variable costs e.g. petty cash in accordance with the set targets to maximise the profitability of the shop
• Prepares and completes all shop administration inclusive of cash handling and banking functions to the highest standard, accurately and on time, always adhering to Company Policies and Procedures
• Ensures all Security, Health and Safety policies and procedures are adhered to in order to provide a safe and secure shop environment for staff ,customers and company assets Provides regular and relevant training for staff in Health and Safety, maintains legal compliance at all times
• Plans and organises daily work load throughout the shop in a way that ensures efficient customer service and a profitable operation
• Ensures all company policies, shop standards and operating procedures are communicated effectively to shop staff and maintained and followed through in a consistent manner
• Actively participates in two way communication sharing and exchanging relevant and appropriate information with the shop manager Regional Manager and Head Office personnel