Senior Payroll Specialist
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by The Salvation Army Housing Association
Would you like a meaningful job that makes a difference, with flexibility and real potential for growth?
The Salvation Army Housing Association (SAHA) is an organisation that provides a range of housing and varied support services to vulnerable people. Our aim is to support people in achieving their full potential. We are currently going through a large period of growth and have vacancy for a Senior Payroll Specialist.
Position: Senior Payroll Specialist
Location: London, Head Office
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £32,513 to £43,988 per annum
Benefits: 26 days' annual holiday rising a day a year for the first 5 years + bank holidays, Life Assurance, Pension scheme and an Employee Health Assistance Programme. Professional development opportunities and flexible working arrangements.
Closing date: 27th January 2019
Shortlisting Date: 28th January 2019
Interview dates: 4th February 2019
About the role:
- Manage all aspects of the Payroll function (circa 350 employees) on a monthly basis presenting a timely final report to the Financial Business and Projects Manager for sign off
- Line management of Finance Officer in respect of Payroll function
- Provide a contribution to the departmental strategy and support all financial activities undertaken by the Finance department ensuring that a comprehensive service is provided to both internal and external customers
- Sufficient flexibility to accommodate any other broadly related duties that may be allocated from time to time or in response to internal / external changes
- Qualifications: Graduate
- Conversant with financial systems and controls
- 2 Years previous experience of working in a financial & Payroll control environment
- Knowledge of HMRC payroll guidance on payroll processing
- MS Office software including Word and PowerPoint; Intermediate Excel
- Ability to interpret financial documents and data for posting and reconciliation
- Effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of staff
- Numerate and data rational
- Flexibility with working hours
A Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced Certificate will be required for these roles.
As an equal opportunities employer, our client welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
The Salvation Army Housing Association (SAHA) is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality and diversity and welcome applicants from all sections of the community.
You may have experience of the following: Senior Payroll Specialist, Payroll Specialist, Payroll Manager, Senior Payroll Administrator, Senior Payroll Officer, HR Manager, etc.