Associate Analyst 2, Sovereign
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Moody's
- Contribute to fundamental credit analyses related to sovereign entities and multinational development banks to help manage the team's portfolio of ratings
- Support rating analysts in monitoring a portfolio of countries, forecasting macroeconomics and monitoring economic, fiscal and political developments
- Contribute to credit-related thematic research
- Develop, monitor and maintain analytical databases
- Support credit rating analysts in: creating graphs, tables, spreadsheets and presentations, collecting and presenting data and comparative statistics, formulating ratios, preparing and retaining documentation, drafting rating committee memoranda and related documents, drafting research reports and special projects, as needed
- Actively participate in internal credit discussions and meetings with external parties, including government officials and investors.
- Assist managers and rating analysts with ongoing and ad-hoc projects.
- Adhere to all applicable codes of conduct, policies, procedures and best practices
- Strong academic background - undergraduate degree, preferably in Economics or International Relations; Finance, International Business and/or Public Administration or similar
- 3+ years relevant experience in the Financial Sector, Government or Consulting; previous Macroeconomic Analysis experience
- Strong knowledge of Macroeconomic Principles
- Good quantitative skills
- Financial/statistical research capabilities
- Strong MS Office skills: principally Excel (including use of macros), Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Fluency in English is required
- Strong attention to detail; Highly organised and efficient; Consistently meet tight deadlines; Proactive and exercise own initiative; Work effectively and contribute within a diverse team.
- Graduate / Master degree, preferable in Economics, Finance, MBA, or similar
- Economic research or relevant Credit Research experience is desirable
- Proficiency in Spanish and/or French is beneficial.
- Strong technical skills in any of the following: VBA
- Knowledge or experience using Bloomberg, Facset, Haver
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email .. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
Associate Analyst 2, Sovereign