Fixed Income Research - Agency Mortgage-Backed Securities Strategist
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Morgan Stanley USA
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley Investment Research is one of the financial industry's dominant thought leaders in equity and fixed-income investing and is a vital link between the Firm's varied business divisions. Our analysts, economists, and strategists have earned this reputation through timely, in-depth analysis of companies, industries, markets, and the world's economies. Our highly regarded equity analysts--who cover over 2,300 stocks globally and are organized by country, region, and global industry--develop key investment ideas and themes that are used by buy-side firms to structure portfolios as well as by the Morgan Stanley sales force in its interaction with investing clients; and provide valuable insights on market-moving events to the firm's traders and their clients. A career in investment research at Morgan Stanley demands a commitment to excellence and a passion for the markets as well as the highest level of integrity.
Morgan Stanley's North American Fixed Income Research team is looking for an Associate or Vice President (VP) level candidate to join their II-ranked Agency MBS Strategy team. The role involves communicating with institutional clients, writing research notes, conducting bespoke analysis, and building and maintaining analytical models. The candidate must possess strong analytical, interpersonal, excel, oral and written communication skills.
- Analysis of trends in agency mortgage origination and securitization
- Prepayment analysis across conventional and FHA/VA pools
- Generate written research for client consumption
- Develop and maintain relationships with institutional clients
- Respond to requests for information, calls and data from internal and external clients
- Keep abreast of industry-related news flow
- Regular interaction with SPG sales and trading force
- 3+ year work experience in the fixed-income markets, particularly analytics related mortgage markets
- Strong skills in the area of quantitative analysis including ability to manage and analyze large datasets
- Strong programming and database skills (particularly in Q and R)
- Familiarity with Interest rate derivatives
- Familiar with applied statistical methods
- Familiar with US fixed income markets and drivers
- High energy, self-motivated, creative and organized
- Proven writing skills
- Strong focus on teamwork
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize Fixed Income Research - Agency Mortgage-Backed Securities Strategist