Senior Motor Underwriting Manager
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Aviva
Purpose of the Role
As part of the Corporate Motor team, within Global Corporate & Specialty, the successful candidate will be responsible for underwriting a selection of motor risks that sit within the GCS strategy contributing to the growth and profitability of the overall account whilst developing and maintaining relationships with key brokers and customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Risk selection and underwriting of individual Corporate Motor risks within strategy
• Develop and maintain broker and customer relationships working alongside Claims and Risk Management colleagues
• Contribute to management of the overall account including financial planning and setting strategy
• Deputise for Head of Corporate Motor where required at internal and external forums, meetings etc.
Skills & Experience required
• Superior technical Motor knowledge
• Strong business acumen and an awareness of financial issues relevant to an insurance company
• Ability to communicate market activity and trends
• Experience of Non-Conventional placements including captive structures
• Develop and maintain internal and external stakeholder relationships
• Ability to collaborate across GCS to deliver customer led solutions
• Communication, presentation and negotiating skills
• Coach less experienced colleagues
• Analytical skills with the ability to interrogate data and identify trends
What will you get for this role?
• Salary - competitive depending on skills, experience and qualifications
• Generous defined contribution pension scheme
• Annual performance related bonus and pay review
• Minimum holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
• Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through My Aviva Extras plus discounts for Friends and Family
• Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and well support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Avivas core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By minimum criteria we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Lacey Lane Mckoy in the Resourcing team on or at