Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by The Scouts Association
We have an exciting opportunity for a Centre Manager to join our team on a full time, permanent basis in Youlbury, Oxford.
As Scouts, we believe in empowering young people with skills for life. We encourage our young people to do more, learn more and be more. We believe in bringing people together. We celebrate diversity and stand against intolerance, always. We're a worldwide movement, creating stronger communities and inspiring positive futures.
About the Centre Manager role:
To lead the daily operation of the centre to deliver an excellent guest experience to all visitors. This includes ensuring activities and programmes delivered on centre are delivered to a high standard and all facilities are fit for use in both terms of quality and safety.
What will you be doing?
- Ensure all guests receive the best possible experience
- Ensure appropriate resources are available both in terms of people and facilities
- Manage the centre shop
- Perform weekly and monthly banking reports
- Prepare and submit operational reports as defined by Scout Adventures policies
- Ensuring programmes meet the requirements of our guests and that procedures and standards are followed
- Staff Training and development
- Working with central staff to develop existing activities and new ones
- Keep up to date with current industry best practice
- Ensure all facilities are fit for use and safe
- Engaging with guests as duty manager and being on call outside key hours
- To operate on a rota basis as duty manager to provide night cover
What we can offer you as our Centre Manager:
- Subsidised lunch
- Free parking
- Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
- Life Assurance
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
What we are looking for in our Centre Manager:
- Have worked in a management role for at least 2 years
- Ability to set, monitor and operate within budgets
- Extensive and demonstrable experience of working in the Outdoor Education Industry.
- Hold a full driving licence.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of working with Volunteers
- First class leadership skills
- Ability to deliver high quality training and activities to our team and guests
Don't miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click 'Apply' now to become our Centre Manager.
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: £27,500 per annum
Closing date: Friday 18th January 2019
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies
Age UK Faversham & Sittingbourne
The Margate Caves Community Education Trust
SOUTH EAST CANCER HELP CENTRE
Anglia Ruskin Students' Union
Derbyshire Voluntary Action
Kent Wildlife Trust
EASYWEB NFP RECRUITMENT