Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Hinton House Ltd
We are currently recruiting a Transformation Lead working for one of three key workstreams:-
1) Corporate Employee Engagement
2) Client Engagement
3) Temporary Staffing Engagement
This is a key senior leadership role to lead the development of the strategy and design and shape opportunities, initiatives and projects to support the wider business transformation.
This role takes full ownership of the workstream from the creation of the strategy relating to your business area to the implementation of the overall project and successful transition to BAU teams.
- Consult widely, define metrics, measures and targets to understand and manage the workstream
- Horizon scanning - analysing market trends, new products and competitors
- Advising the Board of Directors of risk, benefits or implications and recommended course of action
- Define the key business requirements to enable to business outcome to be realised
- Identify, agree and set operating and investment budgets to achieve target outcomes and ongoing management of this. Ensuring the project is delivered in time and to budget
- Define, lead and manage the portfolio of initiatives which will enable the business to achieve its goals
- Develop robust and scalable capabilities which will differentiate the business from internal client functions and commercial competition
- Establish methods to measure and assess the health of the relationship with the client group relevant to your workstream, establishing baselines and targets. Monitoring and reporting of performance against these
- Establish goals, objectives and approaches to achieve the overall business outcome and align these with other workstreams.
- Balancing opportunities to ensure own and other deliverables are optimised ensuring the best outcomes for the business
- Collaborate through transformation governance with other workstreams to establish priorities and ensure the investment portfolio is optimized for speed and value
This is a fixed term contract role for 18-24 months, with commitment required for this period. This company does support agile working, however due to the nature of the work, there will need to be an office presence for the majority of the working week with the flexibility to travel nationally when required.
Experience and skills required:
- Proven experience delivering service improvement projects successfully, on time and in budget.
- Experience managing and influencing large change management projects
- Managing a budget of up to £2m
- Analytical - Able to interpret highly complex data
- Leading and motivating large teams in a matrix organisation
- Senior stakeholder engagement
- Influential and articulate with strong communication skills - working across all levels of the organisation to gain company wide buy-in
- Knowledge of the temporary staffing market is advantageous
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry / NHS is advantageous
- Generous annual leave allowance of 27 days plus Bank holidays
- Generous annual bonus
- Health and well being benefits
- Attractive pension scheme