Fraud Risk Group Manager - CRS Fraud Application Analytics
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Citi-US
- Primary Location: United States,Delaware,Wilmington
- Other Location: United States,Florida,Jacksonville; United States,Georgia,Atlanta; United States,Illinois,Elk Grove Village
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID:
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Fraud Risk Group Manager
We are looking for an energetic and motivated individual to lead our growing Fraud Application Analytics, supporting fraud strategy development within our Retail Services portfolio. The candidate will work closely with various stakeholders including fraud operations, fraud policy, technology, product owners and other risk teams to coordinate fraud management focused customer experience efforts.
The candidate will be closely involved with analysis, presentation, implementation, and monitoring of the strategies in the credit initiation and transactional fraud detection systems. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate an understanding of advanced analytical approaches to solve data based problems while also being able to manage aggressive implementation requirements where speed to market is key. This position will require both written and verbal updates to senior leaders who represent multiple products and disciplines.
- Develop and implement effective fraud application strategies in an effort to mitigate fraud losses for the Citi Retail Services while ensuring an appropriate balance between risk, operational cost, and customer experience. These may be simple strategies, based on decision trees, and more complex analyses involving text mining, clustering, or other advanced techniques.
- Significant analysis regarding all elements of NPS data including a focus on trends and drivers to identify and implement strategies to improve performance while managing fraud risk exposure.
- Work within a business end to end agile framework where teams are cross-functional and empowered, activities are time-boxed around specific outcomes, work is iterative and incremental, and problems are solved in a modular and adaptive manner.
- Identify and develop new ways to understand customer behavior and spend trends in order to find better ways to prevent financial crime.
- Identify patterns to detect false positive trends by evaluating combinations or sequence of events from different data sources.
- Support large scale projects including testing and deployment of new vendor scores or tools, as well as development of business cases for new technology.
- Develop and review MIS reports and communicate the fraud results to the business.
- Share best practices with partners
- Partner in root cause analysis and decision quality/defect reviews to identify strategy opportunities to improve performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related quantitative field, is required. An advanced degree is highly desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in applied analytics is required, preferably in a risk management context
- People leadership experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are required
- Experience in the banking/financial industry
- Experience in the agile methodology of iterative project management
- Experience in the fraud risk discipline in Credit Cards or other Consumer Banking products is desired
- Experience in implementing strategies into fraud prevention systems is desired
- Strong analytical skills. Familiar with large dataset environments
- Experience in statistical and data analysis in at least one of the following statistical software packages or languages: SAS (required), SQL, R, or Python
- Experience with UNIX desired
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to be flexible and work in a rapidly changing environment
- Must be extremely motivated with a desire to continuously learn and refine our processes
- Outside the box thinking is encouraged