Regulatory Modeling Role
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Morgan Stanley USA
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Fixed Income Division is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manages risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader in energy, metals, and agricultural product trading worldwide whose professionals trade in both physical and derivative commodity risk.
We are looking for a self-motivated, innovative, hard-working individual who can handle changing priorities and multiple tasks in a timely fashion. The candidate will be working with all securitized products, interfacing with business unit personnel as well as internal review and validation teams with a broad mandate covering pricing, risk and CCAR models.
• Partnering with internal control and review groups to develop, enhance and document models used to price, risk-manage and estimate stress scenario losses for a variety of securitized products
• Develop the ongoing monitoring methodologies and processes around these models to satisfy the relevant regulatory requirements
• Interact with internal stakeholders, including traders, Front Office quants, model validators, and risk managers, on matters relating to the pricing, risk and stress-loss models
• Effectively manage and develop the team to ensure resources are optimized to deliver. Provide strategic oversight of all ongoing valuation, risk and regulatory initiatives to ensure they achieve timely compliance success
• Report to senior management the status of all high impact regulatory projects, including any risks that require attention
The ideal candidate should have strong previous experience in securitized products.
• Advanced degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or a related quantitative field
• Excellent communication and influencing skills. Strong interpersonal skills. Proven ability to drive change
• In-depth knowledge of mathematical finance, statistical modeling, and numerical techniques. Ability to program pricing and risk models
• Strong management and organizational skills, demonstrable experience in managing a high performing team working on securitized product models to prioritize and deliver
• Clear thinking, good business sense and judgment
• Ability to prioritize and efficiently plan for various short- and long-term deliverables
Regulatory Modeling Role