Senior Medical Writer
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by People Force International limited
A fantastic position has become available for an experienced Senior Medical Writer to work within a highly regarded and market leading global Medical Communications Agency in London. The business is continuing to grow and expand and as a result, we are looking for additional talent to join the team. The ongoing growth plans are planned to continue throughout 2018 and beyond.
- Generous Salary Package
- Flexible / Home working (2-3 days from office required per week)
- Generous Pension
- Private Medical
- The opportunity to work for a market leading global organisation
- Company benefits
- To take ownership and responsibility for the content development and delivery of medical education and communications projects so that they are delivered in accordance with the project specification, budget and agreed schedule.
- To coach and provide feedback to junior Medical and Scientific Services (M&SS) staff as directed by M&SS team leader.
- Develop, implement and manage the delivery of medical education and communications projects as directed by the M&SS team leader.
- Research, write, edit and proof copy to the highest standard (scientific and grammatical) for a full range of medical education and communications materials including scientific abstracts papers, posters, oral presentations, print items, and multimedia.
- Professional liaison with pharmaceutical industry key contacts, healthcare professionals and other external service providers.
- Accurate/precise interpretation and incorporation of amendments.
- Manage/co-ordinate materials through design/production to print-ready stage, according to standard operating procedures.
- Check printer's proofs (text, layout, colour, specification) and sign-off for print/production.
- Provide direction for the development of creative designs.
- Develop and implement project schedules.
- Support the delivery of scientific meetings including pre-meeting and on-site activities, preparation of content, liaison with pharmaceutical industry staff, faculty, speakers and audiovisual providers.
- Coach and assist the M&SS team leader in the training and development of junior M&SS staff including Editorial Assistants.
- Provide review and quality control (QC) checking of M&SS projects to ensure quality standards are consistently achieved.
- Assist in the development of new business pitches and contribute to the ongoing development of existing accounts.
- Commission and brief freelancers
- Assist M&SS team leader to proactively forecast workload and resource requirements.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Educated to degree level or higher in a biomedical science, with several years' experience in a medical education and communications agency environment, including experience of good multidisciplinary teamwork.
- Excellent scientific writing and ability to adapt style and content for different target audiences.
- Ability to review and QC projects to ensure materials meet the project specification/brief and are scientifically and technically accurate.
- Attention to detail - style/consistency, grammar, syntax, scientific accuracy, proof-reading, layout and design.
- Excellent project management, organisation and budgetary control skills.
- Problem solving/diplomacy skills.
- Creative ability in contributing new education or communications concepts and in the production of engaging written and presentation products.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to coach and provide constructive feedback to team members.
- High-level ability to deliver a range of media, including print, electronic, video and web-based.
- High-level understanding of pharmaceutical drug development, and the regulations and guidelines for the EU, USA and Japan.
- Thorough understanding of healthcare compliance laws, guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- High-level IT skills (including Microsoft Office, database and internet searching).
Key result areas
- Delivery of consistently high-quality medical education and communication projects that meet project specification/brief are on time and to budget.
- Quality assurance of medical education and communication projects written by other M&SS staff.
- Coaching and ongoing development of junior M&SS staff.
- A proactive contribution of creative medical education and communication concepts for new business and on-going programme development.
If you would like a discussion on the other opportunities we are currently working you please contact me. A full job description is available upon request
Do you know someone who would be interested in this opportunity? I so you could earn yourself some money through our generous referral scheme!
Carrot Pharma Recruitment
Clinical Professionals Limited
Clinical Professionals Limited
ID Search & Selection
The Bridge Consultancy