Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Harris Federation
We are looking for a friendly and organised Receptionist and Administrative Assistant to join our strong and supportive academy team.
You will be the first point of contact for all visitors to the academy, staff and students, assisting in the management of the reception area and providing administrative support to contribute to the smooth running of the academy.
As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With regular progression opportunities and outstanding CPD for support staff, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether at Harris Primary Academy Mayflower, in one of our other 46 academies, or in our central team. Our aim is to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- The opportunity to develop and grow your career within the Federation.
- Performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (LGPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Bicycle Purchase and ICT loans
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. We are looking for:
- Someone with a good level of interpersonal and communication skills, including a good standard of written and spoken English
- Someone who can work effectively with people across a wide range of levels, demonstrating tact, diplomacy and the ability to remain calm and deal with challenging callers or visitors in an appropriate manner
- A person with a high level of attention to detail, who is committed to delivering an excellent level of professional customer service
- Previous experience in an administrative or front office/reception role, and experience in customer service
- Education to GCSE level or equivalent, and ideally to A level
- Ideally, experience of working in a school or educational establishment
- A competent user of Microsoft Office packages, with proficiency in the use of computers and databases
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
About Harris Primary Academy Mayflower
Harris Primary Academy Mayflower is a thriving, diverse and friendly three form entry academy that launched in September 2014 and is funded through the free school programme. We serve the communities of Chafford Hundred and West Thurrock. We moved into our brand new building, capable of accommodating five forms of entry, in 2016, and were rated 'Outstanding' by Ofsted in 2017.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Mayflower?
- An Ofsted 'Outstanding' academy: "All staff set high expectations and share a strong determination to help pupils achieve as successfully as possible. Pupils mirror this resolve and make every effort to meet these expectations."
- A new building, with state-of-the-art facilities, in which to teach and learn
- A strong and supportive team of colleagues, all working towards the shared belief that children thrive when they feel consistently happy and safe at school
- A commitment to excellence encapsulated in our vision statement: "Excellence, Every Child, Every Day"
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.
The Recruitment Consultancy
THOMAS Recruitment Group
Red Door Recruitment Limited