Maintenance Surveyor (social housing)
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Anonymous
The Maintenance Surveyor will be reporting directly into the Head of Property and be responsible for delivering an effective maintenance service to the organisations tenants and housing stock as well as working with external contractors.
You will have excellent knowledge of Health & safety legislation as well up to date knowledge of all current statutory compliance regulations (asbestos, legionella, gas, electrical, fire safety)
Core duties will be to:
* Carry out a range of pre and post works inspections to ensure the right work is completed to a high standard that meets the customers' needs.
* Carry out a range of stock condition inspections to ensure properties are in a good condition and any repairs / required improvements are identified and programmed.
* Ensure programmes, projects and contractors are effectively managed and high-quality Asset management services provided.
* Ensure works are supervised and managed effectively and that the quality and cost of works carried out are controlled.
* Ensure works are delivered to a high standard and in line with statutory requirements.
* Accountable for managing maintenance work ensuring compliance, H & S, quality and exceptional service is delivered to tenants across all properties and communal facilities.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone from an affordable housing Property background or a similar industry, to add real value to an organisation with ambitious growth plans and be a key influencer in its future success.
You will ideally have a minimum further education qualification (HNC / HND / Degree) and / or relevant construction, maintenance or building related professional qualification.
You will also preferably have experience of working within a busy Maintenance / Property team working alongside a team of fellow surveyors and have experience of managing compliance issues and a sound knowledge of contract administration and building contract law and legislation.
If you would like more information or to apply for this vacancy, please contact us on (phone number removed)
The reference for this vacancy is DM00031
TristoneNash is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client