Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Bleacher Report
About the Role:
A Senior Programmer is responsible for finding engaging sports content for B/R's mobile app and website. They are in charge of planning app strategy around key tentpole events throughout the sports calendar and assist in giving feedback to junior programmers.
- Create and send push notifications about breaking news, viral moments in sports and culture
- Craft push notification plans around key tentpole events throughout the sports calendar
- Collaborate with social, front page teams to ensure push notification and content packaging plans are consistent across platforms
- Help establish B/R's voice and tone on desktop and mobile channels
- 2-4 years of sports media experience preferred
- Sports fanatic with a strong understanding of all major sports. Expertise in Fantasy Football, MLB, MMA, WWE a plus.
- A keen awareness of Bleacher Report's voice. When breaking news happens, be expected to know how B/R reacts on multiple platforms.
- Tech savvy. It's important that the candidate is well versed in the world of Internet sports. Monitoring Twitter, major sports sites, and other social aggregation tools are examples of activities an ideal candidate would perform on a daily basis.
- Deep understanding of current and emerging social trends.
- Possess strong writing and communication skills. Editing skills/experience is a plus; formal editing background is not required but a keen eye for punctuation and grammar is crucial.
Turner and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.