Payroll & Pensions Administrator
Posted on Jan 23, 2019 by Openingz.Com Limited
A start in January or February 2019 is ideal for our practice which is growing due to winning many new clients! Our varied client portfolio will appeal if you enjoy the payroll & pension function, and thrive somewhere when you can take ownership of your own workload. Further learning and support is encouraged at our practice too; sharing ideas is welcomed.
If you're an experienced Payroll & Pensions Administrator take a look as this position may just fit the bill for you!
Firstly, we're happy to look at people who desire a full time post, however if you require more work/life balance we can work around you we're asking for a minimum of 25 hours a week and often just a few more hours at month end (for the right person we'll work around this).
Sounding good so far? Our offices are set in a beautiful location (just minutes from J12, M4 & Theale) and we're a fun, friendly team who will welcome and support you, to ensure you settle in quickly.
Ideally you will offer experience in handling multiple payrolls with a desire to take ownership of your workload.
You'll be asked to look after a portfolio of payroll clients so there will be plenty of interaction (mainly phone based) combined with administration and processing duties. With high standards of customer service skills and reporting directly to the Payroll Supervisor, you'll offer the ability to demonstrate excellent organisational and communication skills with the ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines. Attention to detail and the ability to work independently are also key to this role. Is this you?
Knowledge of pensions & auto-enrollment is desired as well as exposure to P11D processing - but we'd still welcome your application if your knowledge in these areas is limited.
Your day to day tasks will include;
- Registrations of new payroll schemes from start to finish; liaising directly with either the Client Account Manager, the client(s) themselves or external sources such as Accountants, Bookkeepers and Payroll Bureaus
- Weekly, fortnightly and monthly payroll processing
- Processing CIS returns, verifying subcontractors, requesting CIS refunds and dealing with all CIS related queries
- Processing starters and leavers; importing and processing payroll reporting spreadsheets
- Calculating DEAs, SLRs, SMP, Paternity, SSP & holiday pay
- Liaising with HMRC on all payroll related queries
- Liaising with internal and external contacts
- Pension auto-enrolment; involving management & administration of Pensions Automatic Enrolment inc. scheme registrations, enrolments, opt-outs, calculations of contributions due, monthly contribution uploads & authorisation of direct debit payments. This involves liaising with the various pension providers and The Pensions Regulator to ensure guidelines are being adhered to.
- Answering client queries
- Completing end of year processes inc. P60s and rolling databases across into new tax periods
- Completing the yearly P11D processing for all payroll clients
You'll enjoy working with a wide variety of clients, display excellent communication skills and enjoy building long-term relationships with clients, maintaining the highest technical standards. You'll have a keen eye for detail, with the desire and confidence to explore any issues that arise.
If you enjoy a challenge and take pride in your work, we are certain you'll do well here!
A full, clean driving licence and use of own vehicle appropriately insured is required.
Joining our established practice, you can expect a friendly and supportive work environment with benefits that include private healthcare, pension scheme plus ongoing training to enhance your career prospects.
Working hours; from 25 hours to 37.5 Monday to Friday. Free parking provided.