Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Posted on Jan 23, 2019 by Search Consultancy
Electrical Maintenance Engineer - Wigan - Monday to Friday Shifts - Free Parking - Subsidised Canteen - Competitive Salary and Overtime Rates - 31 Day Holiday
Monday-Friday:10-6, 2-10, 8-4, 6-2 Rotating 4 weekly
Our Client is a multi-national industrial manufacturer that makes a variety of products, ranging from floor covering to specialist chemicals. The business operates in 4 continents, employs over 7000 people and has over 5000 patents. They have also been in operation for over 150 years and have a great reputation within their market.
As an integral part of the maintenance team you will be responsible for installation, fault finding and of maintenance on a wide variety of electro-mechanical plants and equipment. There is both reactionary and planned preventative maintenance involved in the role and as with all engineering roles health and safety is paramount.
* Installation and maintenance of electrical & electro-mechanical plant or machinery in line with company requirements,
* Operate a preventative electrical maintenance system to ensure that the plant & machinery is in good working order,
* Fault find and repair any electrical or electro-mechanical related problems on the plant or equipment,
* Fault Finding on Allen Bradley & Siemens (S5 & S7) PLC equipment,
* Ensure that all plant and machinery is kept in a good working and clean condition,
* Complete all relevant paperwork associated with the task being performed in a timely and accurate manner,
* Report any problems regarding equipment and machinery immediately to the Engineering Team Leader,
* Ensure that you are aware of the Company Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures and that you adhere to them always,
* Promote Lean thinking and actively look for ways to improve efficiency,
* Co-operate with supervision and fellow employees,
* Complete Maintenance Work orders,
* Able to work autonomously & efficiently,
* Undertake Preventative maintenance tasks.
* 16th or 17th Edition Wiring regulations
* Knowledge and experience of fault finding and repairs to industrial LV systems,
* Knowledge of PLC logic and fault finding,
* Conversant with VSD, both AC/DC & Servo systems,
* Able to read electrical schematic drawings,
* Analytical and problem-solving skills,
* Relevant qualifications in electrical discipline.
Key Words: Greater Manchester, Electrician, Maintenance Engineer, 17th Edition, Manufacturing, Manufacturing
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.