Estimator - Groundworks
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Anonymous
£55,000 to £65,000 per annum plus car / allowance and benefits package
Our Client is an established Civil Engineering contractor operating successfully in the Essex Region. They are renowned for delivering quality on time and to budget and continue winning major projects throughout the region. The company work on residential and commercial groundwork projects. With a strong order book for 2018 / 2019, they are looking to build on this successful platform with an additional estimator to join their team in preparation for further expansion.
As an Estimator you will work closely with other members of the team, including Operations Manager, Commercial Manager and Project Delivery Teams in the preparation of tenders. The company see this position as a strategic role within the company and can offer a strong career path into senior management for the right person.
* Implement the strategy and systems of the Company, ensuring tenders are undertaken and prepared to the high standards that the Company reputation demands.
* Provide a professional approach to all stages of the tender process, including estimating, tender submission and bid negotiation.
* Ensure that the tender accurately reflects the true cost of labour, plant, materials and sub-contracts, for both direct and in-direct costs.
* Present each tender for Review to Senior Management in sufficient detail to demonstrate confidence in the bid and gain approval to submit the bid.
* Attend site visits and tender meetings to represent the Company and liaise with clients and/or their Representatives throughout the process.
* Previous experience of estimating groundworks packages (£0.25m - £3m contracts).
* Engineering or quantity surveying experience gained within a contracting environment.
* Knowledge of standard methods of measurement.
* Knowledge of standard conditions of contract.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Strong IT skills covering Microsoft Word and Excel, and use of Estimating Software is required.
Please contact Ian Farr on (phone number removed) for a confidential discussion on this and other estimating roles