Services Account Manager
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Anonymous
As a result of business growth we have an exciting opportunity to work with a leading provider of IT software and services to the education sector, where delivery of service can really make a valuable difference to the teaching and learning of young people.
We are looking for an experienced Service Account Manager with excellent customer management skills to join RM Education Services division.
In RM Education we have been successfully working with our customers as a trusted ICT support partner for over 40 years. Our solutions are designed to address the key issues, priorities and challenges facing schools in the UK today, it's why we are focussed on understanding things like the school's ambitions, goals and needs, supporting the school's development to enable them to deliver their vision and achieve results.
As a Service Account Manager you will be responsible for ensuring excellent service delivery to our customers working with internal operations teams, whilst maximising customer satisfaction. You will have full accountability for P&L revenue, profit, and growth, along with renewal targets. In addition, by working with the customer to provide the best possible experience, you will develop and deliver account plans with your customers to be able to develop opportunities to grow additional revenue from selling RM services and products.
Service Account Management
* Be accountable for the quality of service and performance.
* Provide regular and accurate management reporting on IT service performance.
* Act as point of customer contact for any incidents or customer complaints that have been escalated and require problem management or further escalation to a satisfactory conclusion.
* Monitor and deliver contractual SLAs with the customer
* Fully understand the commercial implications of market & product developments &how they affect contracts.
* Develop a strategy to manage financial and other risk within the contract.
* Manage, monitor and report on the P&L associated with the contracts.
* Manage, identify and develop opportunities for improving the financial profitability of the contract, including identifying additional revenue streams.
* Manage the Payment Mechanism and arrange the invoicing to the customer as laid out in the terms of the contract. Ensure Invoices are paid on time.
* Manage & develop a team of Customer Support Engineers; assigned to 1 or multiple sites within the portfolio.
* Be clear on performance expectations of the team using different mediums - team meetings, regular updates, celebrating success, setting clear objectives and ensuring that appraisals and career planning are reflective of performance. Manage underperformance effectively.
Business Development & Growth
* Contribute to Proposition Development within the customer accounts and more widely within RM Education.
* Identify sales opportunities and implement plans to exploit them.
* Develop a plan to extend or renew the contract.
* Seek out opportunities for new contracts and assist with bidding and winning.
* Look for opportunities to renegotiate existing contracts to RM's advantage.
Stakeholder Engagement and Management
* Manage the relationship between RM and the customer
* Understand the school and their priorities, including OFSTED and the priorities of the SMT.
* Monitor and liaise with Sales to ensure effective implementations & handovers for new sites.
Skills & experience
* Significant experience of working within the IT services sector both managing customer and 3rd party relationships
* Strong financial and commercial awareness having previously owned P&L and good experience of contract management and negotiation
* Extensive operational management experience in a technical service delivery environment to stringent SLAs and ITIL standards on large, complex multi £million contracts
* Writing and presenting documentation to clients including SLAs and contractual change notifications.
* Proactive approach with the energy and vision to drive the delivery team, the schools and the Local Authority to continually improve the service delivery
* Extremely presentable to Customers - able to articulate complex scenarios clearly and with authority.
* Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
* A good technical knowledge of the IT industry.
* Line management skills.
Working for RM you would be entitled to the following benefits:
* 25 Days Annual Leave (option to buy an extra 5 days)
* Performance Related Bonus Scheme
* Group Personal Pension
* Private Medical Healthcare
* Income Protection
* Life Assurance
The following voluntary benefits are also available:
* Childcare Vouchers
* Voluntary Dental Plan
* Voluntary Health Cash Plan
* Voluntary Critical Illness Cover
* Voluntary Health Assessments
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Give As You Earn (GAYE)
* Employee Referral Scheme
RM is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all permanent and temporary staff to share this commitment. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and all successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks