Sr. Project Engineer
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Nike
The Nike, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide - making the impossible happen every single day.
As a Senior Project Engineer, you will utilize your expertise to support operations across the North America Supply Chain. You will utilize your experience and knowledge to act as a subject matter expert on a team responsible for executing multiple simultaneous engineering projects. Possible projects include improving productivity by providing workplace design and manual procedure development, small and large scale capital projects, support of engineered labor standards including time study, data gathering and analysis, business case development, and supply chain strategy program execution in support of Nike Inc. business strategies and goals. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining a close relationship with stake holders in all functional areas within the facility management team. In this role you will be responsible for mentoring other members of your team to ensure maximum knowledge transfer and leverage of your expertise. In addition, you will be responsible to train and develop key personnel on changes introduced through engineering initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related field.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in performance measurement analysis, distribution systems and material handling equipment, capital project management, or data analysis.
- Ability to execute against multiple priorities simultaneously successfully.
- Knowledge of all applicable OSHA and state regulations related to equipment installation.
- Thorough and complete knowledge of time and motion techniques.
- Ability to review analytical data and determine best course of action for all areas within current scope.
- Statistical processes experience.
- Ability to facilitate meetings of all levels in a professional manner.
- Effective communication & influence skills, strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to use technology for presentations and training purposes.
- Experience with WMS, Labor Management (Manhattan), PowerPoint, Access, AutoCAD or simulation software and development with engineering labor standards experience is preferred.
- People development experience is a plus