Barista / Coffee Van Operator
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Anonymous
With its unique business model of selling premium quality coffee along with weekly changing non-food ranges through its own distributions channels, Tchibo Group and its 12,500 employees worldwide generated revenues of 3.4 billion EUR in 2015.
Founded in 1972, Tchibo Coffee Service today is one of the leading food and coffee service companies in Europe with branches in Germany, Austria, Great Britain, Czech Republic and Poland. Tchibo Coffee Service provides tailored out-of-home solutions for a wide range of customers from hotel chains to independent cafés or educational facilities.
With its family of brands (Tchibo, Davidoff Café, Piacetto Espresso, VISTA and Smokin' Bean) the company has built its first-rate reputation based on superior quality products, truly unbeatable service and fair prices. The unique and diverse brand and product portfolio is supported by a cutting-edge equipment and the latest training resources.
Position: Coffee Van Operator
Location: Epsom, Field Based travelling around South / Surrey area, The Van can be run from home or our office and this role requires to visit our Epsom office daily
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Salary: £20,000 plus very generous commissions
Benefits: include an enhanced contributory pension scheme, free Parking space and annual holiday starting at 24 days entitlement which grows with your length of service plus public holidays.
About the role:
Are you a Barista looking for a flexible way to begin a career in this exciting new field? Are you looking to start a franchise business but would like to test the market first?
If so, we need your support. We are currently looking for an energetic warm & personable coffee van operator who loves coffee, talking to people and being out and about every day!
- Driving a fully operational coffee van, to various client sites on a daily basis
- Preparation of outstanding specialty coffee (SCA training will be given)
- Ensure hi level of customers service is maintained
- Complete paperwork and logging of calls via POS as required
- Ensure stock is ordered as necessary and is always adequate and has been checked
- Ensure the vehicle is kept in a clean condition at all times (hygene rating 5 standards). That any accidents or faults are reported immediately, and that the vehicle is serviced as required
- Ensure that any machine faults are reported immediately
- Responsible for Company equipment and vehicle issued
- Full clean driving licence
- Ability to work on own initiative and identify new opportunity in the trading areas allocated
- Ability to work flexible hours based on business needs
- Ability to work on weekends (own choice)
- Able to work alone under pressure in a fast-paced environment and keep to a schedule
- Able to lift and move stock (confectionery, drinks cans, paper cups, syrup) from warehouse to vehicle
- Weights -handling weights of up to 9-10 kilos (average 5 kilos)
- Suitably dextrous to clean the inside and outside of the van (due diligence and risk assessment systems provided)
- Ability to arrange work load and accomplish all tasks
- Early morning start
- Exposure to all kind of weather (mainly cold and wet) full gear provided
- Occasional weekend shifts (own choice)
You may have experience of the following: Barista, Coffee Van Operator, Coffee Van Driver, Coffee Van Operative, Hospitality Assistant, Coffee Shop Assistant, Catering Assistant, Customer Service Assistant, etc