Planning Manager - Infrastructure
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Anonymous
Reporting to the Senior Planning Manager, the post holder will be accountable for providing expert advice and guidance to the BXT project team in all matters pertaining to Planning Approvals and other Statutory consents. The post holder will also support the Brent Cross Thameslink Delivery Team in ensuring that project timelines are met, through timely submission of comprehensive and high quality planning submissions.
* Assisting the senior Planning Manager who acts as a Single Point of Contact (SPOC) with the Local Planning Authority(LPA), to agree, establish and maintain formal and informal forum for exchanging information, discussing planning submission strategy, receiving feedback, and dealing with questions following planning submissions.
* Working with the Senior Planning Manager and Programme Managers, jointly establish a planning programme which is acceptable to the LPA, is supported by Planning Consultants and Work Share partners, and supports the master delivery programme.
* Assist in Drafting and agreeing remits for commissioning Planning Consultants and Work Share Partners and help monitor the progress and quality of the output from these sources.
* Review and check all documents being sent to the LPA or other Statutory approval bodies.
* Provide support and expert guidance and advice to all members of the project team.
* Help to represent the BXT team at external events, stakeholder presentations, council meetings etc.
* Work closely with Communications team to ensure that information prepared for outward communication is supportable and factually correct.
* Work closely with document control team, to ensure that all Planning documentation and supporting data is properly stored and archived in line with LBB and Capita policies.
* Attend regular management team meetings to maintain a current awareness of project objectives, progress, challenges, and risks. Providing support and input to the broader management team response to these matters.
* Providing challenge and innovative solutions to drive efficient delivery of the planning programme, particularly when responding to change, unforeseen circumstances and delays.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
* Rail/Utilities/Major Construction experience
* Consultancy background ideally
* Processional member of a chartered body ideal
* Degree qualified in the relevant discipline
About Capita Re
Re, Regional Enterprise Limited, is a joint venture between the London Borough of Barnet and Capita. Re runs the Council's development and regulatory services including strategic planning, development management and regeneration services. Re will deliver growth in the Borough and develop a new and exciting consultancy business, which will supplement the core activities. Re aim to build better services, provide value for money, support the local economy and make Barnet an even better place to live and work.
Follow Capita on
Follow Capita on
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check