Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Anonymous
* To clean and maintain workloads on estates to a high standard as directed by the Estate Services Supervisor and rectify any areas that fall below standard within the specified time limits using mechanical equipment where appropriate.
* To fully participate in cover arrangements within the caretaking team to ensure proper accessibility to services for tenants and to provide mutual support for priority tasks such as seasonal work, racist graffiti and emergency situations.
* To monitor and liaise with contractors on site and report any deficiencies in the service provided by them.
* To regularly inspect the communal areas of estates, to make safe any hazards where appropriate and report any health and safety defects.
* To provide a two weekly visiting service for vulnerable tenants who receive no other support services from the council and liaise with other agencies as appropriate e.g. social services.
* To ensure the wellbeing and needs of the residents are met within the council's procedures and practices.
* To carry out minor repairs and undertake project work with the appropriate training.
* To identify and report communal repairs using a variety of mediums.
* Satisfactory Basic Disclosure check.
* Good literacy and numeracy skills.
* Ability to communicate using smartphone technology.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Proven ability to work to set deadlines within a pressured environment.
* Good working knowledge of Substances Hazardous to Health (C.O.S.H.H), risk assessment, asbestos or in basic DIY skills.
* Experience of managing complaints and resolving issues in line with company policy and procedure.
If you are interested in this role, then please get in touch
Kesgrave High School