Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Mazars
As the Payroll Administrator you will be primarily responsible for assisting with the administration and processing of payrolls within the team, to provide a first-class payroll bureau service.
• Responsible for the day to day administration of medium to large sized multiple client payrolls with no supervision; including administer RTI submissions and process end of year forms P60;
• Have a mixed client portfolio involving various specialist areas such as school, expat, shares, client accounts, etc.
• Use PAYRITE payroll software efficiently, including import/exports and report writing;
• To process all types of manual payroll calculations, including Director's NI and salary sacrifice schemes;
• To have an extensive knowledge of PAYE/NIC and statutory payments eg redundancy, SMP/SAP, SPP and SSP when running client payrolls;
• To have an extensive knowledge of pension schemes (defined benefit and defined contribution) when providing administration for various payrolls, including AE process and pension upload to pension providers website;
• To send BACS payments;
• Assist with small client setups and project work;
• Proactively develop and keep up to date with new payroll legislation and compliance;
• Proactively carry out payroll reconciliations and analysis with no supervision;
• Proactively liaise with HMRC and assist with more technical enquiries when they arise;
• To use own initiative to resolve issues and to assist the team where possible, by providing a range of solutions and seeking advice where necessary;
• Develops and maintain relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels;
• To work with other departments and understand the services that are being provided to clients (and not just payroll);
• Proactively communicate the full range of services offered by the national payroll team to clients.
• Good IT skills, intermediate level of Excel is essential;
• Previous payroll experience, ideally within a professional services environment;
• Minimum 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) grades A-C required;
• Demonstrates up to date knowledge of current payroll legislation and is confident in using payroll software, specifically PAYRITE;
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) with clients and staff;
• Organises own work and prioritises own tasks;
• Good numeracy skills;
• Demonstrates attention to detail and a high concern for accuracy;
• Demonstrates an appreciation of the importance of teamwork and responds willingly to all team members reasonable requests.
WORKING AT MAZARS
We embrace your individual strengths to capitalise on what makes you unique.
We are proud to offer a working environment where everyone is given opportunities to shine. The firm promotes an environment in which you can be yourself, grow and achieve your goals.
Whether you want to gain exposure to different types of clients, learn new skills or move nationally or internationally, Mazars offers plenty of opportunity to achieve your goals.
At Mazars we operate an agile approach to working. For us agile working means empowering and trusting our people. Empowering our people to work where, when and how they choose. And trusting our people to make the right choices for Mazars, their team and themselves to deliver the best outcome for the client. By its very nature, agile working won't look the same for everyone. Ultimately it's up to our people to decide what's right.
At Mazars diversity and inclusion are central to our values. We also recognise that being a diverse and inclusive organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, qualifications and experience.
WE ARE MAZARS
We are a positively different international accountancy and advisory firm. With entrepreneurship and a desire to create value at the heart of our DNA, we differentiate ourselves by the opportunities we offer our people, our approach to working with clients and our passion for responsible business.
We are proud of our strong European heritage, our smart and sustainable growth and of the single global partnership we have built to serve clients around the world.
For more information regarding careers at Mazars please visit