Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Proxime Search
We are looking for a Junior Researcher for a Fund based in the West End, London. There are the two main areas of responsibility for the junior Researcher.
- Analyse existing trading strategies and develop new strategies
- Perform back testing and historical simulation to test strategies
- Undertake statistical and economic analysis of market data
- Implement theoretical strategies as working code
- Write research reports and give presentations of work
- Participate in research projects across the business as necessary
Investor Relations Reporting Responsibilities
- Regular Data for monthly materials (factsheet, presentations, risk reports). Involves the maintenance of several R scripts and excel spreadsheets
- Hypothetical data refresh for presentations presentation. Involves the maintenance of R scripts, several formatted excel spreadsheets and updating the presentation
- Internal performance updates documents for client meetings - intermittent
- Breakdown of monthly / annual performance
- Org chart
- AUM / slippage chart
- Competitor analysis
- Performance review
- Ad hoc investor relations queries (DDQ's / Prospectus Updates / Data requests for prospects / new business pitches) with Heads of Research
- Monthly newsletter commentary - initial review.
To be considered for this opportunity you should have an excellent academic track record to PhD level, and a real desire to work in the Financial Markets.