Fund Manager - Fixed Income
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Paragon Executive
Responsibilities will include:
- Keeping up to date with all industry trends, market dynamics, risks, regulatory changes and any factors which will impact the performance of the external portfolios.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the external fund managers investment strategies
- Stay in regular contact with the external fund managers (including face to face meeting every quarter)
- Be part of the wider investment team responsible for agreeing investment guidelines and investment management agreements.
- Carry out the due diligence prior to selecting an external fund manager.
- Review the performance of external fund managers, recommend changes to the mix and volume assigned to each external manager.
- Present recommendations and guide the internal investment committee on all credit related investment decisions
- Be proactive in contributing to the wider company investment strategy by collaborating with other departments to share information / research and investment ideas
- Share your knowledge and experience across your team and the wider group by taking an active involvement in coaching and mentoring of junior team members.
Requirements / Profile of ideal candidate:
- Must hold a bachelor's degree.
- Have at least 8 years' experience in the fixed income space with a specific strength and deep sectoral knowledge of the structured credit area
- Prior experience sitting on an credit investment committee within a specialised CLO manager or within a fixed income investment team for an asset manager / investment bank
- Must have strong presentation and communication skills