CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKER I (CTR FOR CHILD AND FAMILY TRAUMATIC STRESS-CO
Posted on Jan 19, 2019 by Kennedy Krieger Institute
JOB ID 4140
**This is an intermittent (part time and hourly) position with the opportunity to work flexible hours in a suburban Maryland outpatient clinic conveniently located near Baltimore, MD, Annapolis, MD, and Washington, DC. This position will start at 6-8 hours per week, but hours may increase based on need.**
**The Center for Child and Family Traumatic Stress is an outpatient program that specializes in the assessment and treatment of children and families exposed to stress and trauma. Kennedy Krieger's clinical programs offer an interdisciplinary approach to treatment tailored to the individual needs of each child.**
The **Clinical Social Worker I** will provide clinical care to children, adolescents, and families not limited to therapeutic interventions and mental health evaluations. This staff member participates on client & family centered interdisciplinary teams. The incumbent may be involved in training, outreach, and research activities.
1. Provides high quality and competent trauma informed therapy to families and children.
2. Conducts evaluations, including diagnostic assessments, to determine appropriate treatment modality.
3. Develops and implements individualized treatment plans in collaboration with families, and members of the patient?s treatment team, and maintains communication with community professionals involved in the patient?s plan of care.
4. Attends and participates in program meetings related to direct patient care and KKI operations.
5. Maintains familiarity with Maryland state laws and the laws and ethical guidelines defined by one?s credentialing board with respect to patient confidentiality, conflicting interests, reporting of abuse and patient termination.
6. Maintains Institute compliance standards.
7. Enters records into the Electronic Health Record System.
8. Maintains working relationships with KKI staff and visitors.
9. Considers cultural factors in treatment planning for patients and in working with their families.
+ Masters Degree from an accredited School of Social Work required.
+ Must be licensed in the State of Maryland, by the Board of Social Work Examiners, Maryland State Department of Health and Mental Hygiene as a Licensed Certified Social Worker - Clinical (LCSW-C).
+ Minimum of 2 years of licensed clinical experience required.
+ Experience with evidence- based trauma informed treatment modalities such as TF-CBT and PCIT is preferred.
+ Experience providing mental health services to children and adolescents with developmental, learning and/or emotional disabilities preferred.
**Department** _FCI - Ctr for Child and Family Traumatic Stress_
**Pos. Category** _Social Work_
**Job Location : Street** _9730 Patuxent Woods Drive_
Equal Opportunity Provider & Employer M/F/Disability/ProtectedVet