Lead Business Analyst
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Aon
Lead Business Analyst
Aon are currently recruiting a Lead Business Analyst to join our team in Chelmsford. The Lead Business Analyst will be primarily manage the team of BA Colleagues and will be responsible for the line management and personal development of the members of the team.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
Your impact as a Lead Business Analyst:
- Line Management of UK Change Business Analyst Team
- Responsible for the Personal Development, Appraisals, Coaching and Mentoring of Business Analyst colleagues
- Work with the PMO and Project/Programme Managers to allocate BA Resources for in flight and pipeline projects/programme
- Work closely with the Project/Programme Managers, supporting with BA tasks, QA of BA Deliverables and other appropriate activities as required
- Ownership of the Career Maps and Experience Development of the BA Team members
- Conduct Senior BA tasks as required on Projects and Programmes, including but not limited to:
- Produce Current and future state business process maps, and undertake process design and process re-engineering
- Define and prioritise business requirements
- Lead Business Analysis Workshops
- Prepare feasibility studies and cost benefit analyses (jointly with PM / Finance)
- Undertake Various analysis tasks (SWOT, Gap, etc) to assist in project decision making
- Work with 3rd party suppliers to support system configuration activities, including gathering requirements from key stakeholders for configuration tasks, reviewing system specifications and ensuring signoff is achieved from SMEs
- Lead Document Template design/development and Reporting requirements/design
- Provide analysis and research supported by reviewing performance and volumes data to support the prioritisation of specific lines of business, processes and trading partnerships
- Undertaking the development of UAT scripts and support business SME UAT activity and as required undertake key UAT scenario validation
- Assist in identifying issues and potential risks relating to project and non-project situations.
- Understand all risks affecting the project and assist in implementing mitigating factors
- Undertake data field mapping between systems and/or processes