Lease Sales Representative - Business Development / B2B
Posted on Jan 22, 2019 by Penske
Are you a self-starter, go-getter, and a deal manager looking to move your sales career forward? How about in an industry that is moving the things that move the world forward? The trucking sector of the transportation industry moved nearly 69% of all domestic freight. Penske is a leader in transportation services and we help our customers succeed!
We are expanding our sales team and looking to find passionate, highly motivated, sales-minded individuals to help us grow our business. Qualified candidates will possess a minimum of 5 years in B2B sales experience, new business development and territory management. Bachelor's degree or an additional 4 years of relevant experience required. Candidates require strong communication, organization, and influencing skills. This position is suited for someone who is self-driven, embraces change, and has a comfort level working in a matrixed reporting relationship. The right candidate must be willing to work within a geography with a focus on customer interaction.
The Lease Sales Representative is responsible for identifying sales opportunities, conducting sales calls and customer visits within their assigned territory to diverse customers and executives to help fulfill their transportation and financial needs through full-service truck leasing. Lease Sales Representatives generate sales volume and revenue through a process of prospecting new B2B customers' accounts, retaining existing customers, and penetrating existing customers to increase their volume/revenue of business with Penske Truck Leasing.
This position is responsible for exceeding monthly revenue quotas through ongoing customer development and prospecting activities, consistent proposal generation, and active management of a sales pipeline. As a results driven organization, Penske recognizes our Lease Sales teams efforts with commissions, company vehicle, and top sales performer recognition programs.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Proactively identify, pursue, and maintain a constant pipeline of potential customers that meet or exceed established quotas via prospecting, networking and referral activities within a regional market.
- With a thorough understanding of the customer's business model identify and propose products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms to customers utilizing Penske Truck Leasing services that translate into closed, contracted business deals.
- Build relationships with Leasing Customers by acting as a transportation consultant, conducting periodic reviews and managing the voice of the customer process.
- Responsible to extend or renew existing contracts before or upon contract expiration, as well as identify opportunities for customer growth in new geographic locations, new industries, or with additional products and services.
- Embrace a culture of integrity and professionalism and utilize this value based selling methodology in all sales pursuits.
Successful candidates will enjoy an industry leading compensation and benefits package for starters. In addition, they will enjoy the use of a Company Car and will be eligible for our Winner's Circle sales recognition program. Your development and success is as important to our company as it is to you personally; so we'll invest in training and development to better enable you to reach your goals.
This position will be expected to perform to an annual quota set by, and agreed to, with their respective Area Vice President / Area Sales Manager.