PHP Application Developer
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by Click
PHP Application Developer - £40k/£45k p.a. + 10% bonus + benefits - Hayes based
Due to a restructure the European arm of a large international retail organisation is recruiting an Application Developer to join a team providing new project and BAU support to business units across Europe and the Middle East, including some distributors in Europe and Russia.
You will be one of a new team of app developers based at our clients Hayes, UK site with only some limited travel on an ad-hoc basis required.
You will provide the following services to the business:
Primarily responsible for:
- the analysis, design and development of IT applications (circa 35).
- assisting project team in the implementation of business solutions as assigned by the project leader.
- technical design, development, testing, deployment and support of IT application solutions.
- working closely with various functional teams to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
Specific Application Developer responsibilities
- Executing the development/integration of functionality for new applications.
- Provide technical support for existing applications, including the development of enhancement requests and defect resolution.
- Work with business analysts to translate client requirements into development projects.
- Assist in the administration of application Servers.
- Provide project status and time accounting as required by IT administration.
- Encourage dissemination of technical methods to the project team and convey technical procedures as required.
- Research, relate and recommend technical solutions and relevant software application tools, utilities, environments and languages.
- Proven experience in an Application Developer role
- Experience developing web-based applications with PHP/Cold Fusion (both user interface and application programming)
- Strong experience with relational databases (preferably MS SQL Server)
- Experience with application development life cycle from requirements definition through to implementation
- Ability to handle several assignments simultaneously
- PHP & Laravel Framework
- Strong SQL skills, preferable Microsoft SQL Server
- Cold Fusion coding
- Object-oriented programming
- Windows, IIS, and ColdFusion server administration
- Familiarity with Subversion (SVN) or other version control system
- Microsoft O365
- Power BI, etc.
Role is live and we are taking applicants now for a February or March start.
Click is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.