Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Anonymous
I have a great opportunity for you to work with one of the UKs largest concrete Manufactures. They are looking for a Maintenance Electricianl to join their well established team. This role is a permanent role with a 3 shift pattern ,working Monday - Friday with overtime available.This is a great time to join as they are growing and have lots of progression to offer
* As part of a small team y
ou will need to work on your own initiative taking decisions as the need arises this will include electrical repairs and some basic mechanical operator roles (provided competent and authorised)
* It will be part of your function to understand the systems operation, its components and be able to diagnose faults and repair them
* To achieve this, you may be required to attend training in some specialist areas, this may involve staying away for short periods
* Ensure that all maintenance tasks are completed to high standard to protect the company assets.
* Complete planned preventative maintenance schedules and ensure where possible that the manufactures guidance maintenance procedures are followed.
* Ensuring that a safe standard of housekeeping is always maintained (adopting a clean as you go policy)
* Carry out periodic plant & equipment inspections according to current legislation
* Compliance with all Health Safety and Environmental Regulations
* To advise the appropriate manager immediately of any mechanical defects discovered.
* Ensure that PPE issued, is kept and maintained in good condition
* Other duties as delegated by management.
To assist in working weekends on a rotation basis particularly during busy periods resulting in weekend manufacturing.
To work within a team of 10 Maintenance Engineers reporting directly to the Maintenance Team Leader(s). Attending breakdown and fault-finding situations carry out routine works in the workshop, complete service inspections in accordance with the sites planned preventative maintenance schedule (PPM) and when necessary carry out installation work around the site.
The role holder is expected:
* to comply with all aspects of the Company Compliance Policy
* to ensure that all the business/operations are performed in accordance with instructions and procedures and in such a way to prevent any fraudulent activities taking place
* to comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to observe the requirements of the Company Safety Policy and other relevant legislation
* to update all areas of knowledge as required to carry out the job with maximum effectiveness and to attend training/development courses as and when required
* to comply will all aspects of the HR Policies and Procedures of the Company
Time served qualification in an Electrical Engineering discipline e.g. apprenticeship:
* City and Guilds Level 3 / BTEC or equivalent
* BS7671 - 17th Edition or later
* Previous experience of working as part of a team
* Experience of working in a heavy industry factory environment would be advantageous
* The successful candidate will be flexible in their approach and be able to work on their own initiative when called upon
* Ideally Trained to IOSH Managing Safely standards
Safety is our number one priority. Everyone who works with us should feel safe. We are each responsible for our own safety, health and well-being, and for creating an accident-free environment.
We strive to treat everyone fairly, involve them in decision-making and have open communication channels. This helps create an engaging workplace that attracts and retains successful people.
Our business is dependent on its customers. We work hard to develop strong, mutually beneficial relationships that ensure we are always their preferred supplier.
Trusted to Deliver
Working to the highest standards of compliance and environmental management - and mindful of our responsibility as a good neighbour - we manufacture and supply industry-leading products, delivering them where and when our customers need them.
We embrace change and are open to new initiatives that bring better ways of working. We endeavour to continually improve all aspects of our business and performance.
In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.
"Net Temps is advertising this vacancy in its capacity as an Employment Business.
Net Temps supplies both temporary and permanent labour to the Construction, Engineering and Allied industries throughout the UK.
Register with us on (Apply online only)
Visit our website at (url removed)
Follow us on twitter
Please note, due to the high volume of applicants only those who are successful will be contacted. Net Temp is an equal opportunities employer