Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Anonymous
Halo Recruit are working in partnership with one of the UKs leading packaging manufacturers to recruit for an experienced Maintenance Engineer based from their Mansfield site. This is a permanent role working directly for our Client.
Supplying sustainable packaging solutions to the consumer, food and non-food markets, the organisation has a network of 19 manufacturing locations across 14 countries and are a market leader in their sector.
As a Maintenance Engineer, you will be responsible for the maintenance of all manufacturing machinery and shop floor ancillary equipment, ensuring it is maintained to a high standard with a focus on maintaining high production demands.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
* To maintain all machinery owned or hired by the Company
* To maintain preventative maintenance programmes
* To co-ordinate activities in line with business demands
* Responsible for internal facilities e.g. heating and air conditioning and other utilities
* Play an active role in the development of engineering services
* General maintenance of electrical equipment and systems
* Make process and production adjustments to machines throughout the shift
* Ensure all machines/equipment resources are available to meet business demands
* Maintain adequate spares to support the plant
* Take part in performance improvement programmes
* To comply with legal requirements and to work within Company health and safety guidelines
* Maintain high level of general housekeeping
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
* You will ideally be qualified to HNC/HND level (o requivalent)
* You will be time-served in maintenance engineering, preferably within the packaging industry and/or injection moulding
* Multi-skilled in both electrical and mechanical engineering would be an advantage
* You will have knowledge of AC/DC drives and PLC fault finding
* You will be computer literate with experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
* Knowledge of high-pressure thermoforming machines, injection moulding machines and formers would be desirable
Salary dependant on experience.
To apply, please submit your CV and one of our friendly Consultants will be in touch to discuss the role in more detail.
Halo Recruit are operating as an employment agency for the purposes of this vacancy