Business Development Manager - Financial Services
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Experian
Experians Market Intelligence team is actively seeking a Business Development Manager to join its team. Partnering with one of the largest economic research teams in the country, you'll help our clients identify the economic trends that will shape the future of their business.
As a Business Development manager, you'll be responsible for nurturing and developing relationships with the construction and professional services markets. You'll be a curious and inquisitive individual with a knack for uncovering new opportunities within the teams existing client base.
In return for your commitment and ongoing enthusiasm, we'll provide you with an autonomous and flexible working environment that allows you to engage with your client base as you see fit. Ideally you'll have some experience in B2B sales coupled with a keen interest in Economics ready to embark on the next chapter of your sales career
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively nurture and develop a portfolio of clients
- Take long term responsibility for new clients, adding value by recommending potential solutions supported by internal experts.
- Identify and uncover new business opportunities through a variety of sources (CRM/Website/LinkedIn)
- Attend new business meetings with the aim of closing and delivering new market intelligence /economics sales
- Collaboration with colleagues across Consultancy, Product Development, Analytics and Client Services to deliver successful outcomes for our clients and for their customers
- Achievement of sales target and delivery of new contracted revenue to help grow the Economics business
Knowledge & Experience
- Have experience in account management or new business development with a strong track record of performance.
- Be able to spot and assess clients' needs and lead the creation of compelling client propositions and solutions.
- Outstanding networking and communication skills with the ability to work well within a team, effectively utilising internal resources to achieve results.
- Experience of consultative selling, ideally within data, software, analytics or consultancy solutions
What's on offer
We offer an attractive base salary, commission structure and a competitive reward package and actively encourage the expression of ideas and opinions. It's all about you developing your role and making it your own. Our business offers a breadth of learning activities and programmes so it's up to you to take the initiative and decide which skills you would like to improve or acquire.
Our diverse workforce is part of the reason for our success. We want everyone to succeed, irrespective of their gender, ethnicity, sexuality, experience, physical ability, age or thinking style. Our talent strategy reflects our commitment to searching the globe for the very best candidates so that we can innovate and deliver the needs of our increasingly diverse clients and consumers. Our progressive policies, such as flexible working hours, ensure that our employees can flourish no matter what their individual circumstance.
On top of your base salary, we offer:
- Performance related bonus scheme
- A car allowance/scheme
- 25 days' annual leave (plus the ability to purchase 5 additional days)
- Generous contributory pension
- Opportunity to buy shares with the company share-save scheme
- Life assurance
- Medical and Dental cover
- Retail discount schemes
- 3 Community involvement days per annum
We also work with our colleagues to understand their long term career aspirations to ensure they have the career development and growth they need to achieve these goals. Through personalised career objectives and performance plans, we open up conversations on progression whether this is achieved through mentoring and coaching or classroom learning environments, we offer rewarding ways in which to learn.