Data Analytics Director (Financial Services)
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Anonymous
They are currently looking for motivated, enthusiastic individuals to join there team as an experienced Director. They have ambitious plans and are looking for individuals with the right blend of hands-on data analysis experience, an eye for innovation to help us build what we offer clients and understanding of the markets in which we work.
About the team
The team focuses helping financial institutions leverage their data assets to manage their regulatory requirements. The services cover critical regulatory topics such as AML, Trade Compliance, Fraud, Employee Intelligence, and Regulatory.
They work with UK and International Financial Services organisations, including Retail and Investment banks, mortgage lenders, regulators, brokers and dealers, exchanges, asset managers and insurance companies.
They help their clients to manage business risk through improved insight from advanced analytics and data visualisation and establish the right controls, processes and structures to ensure that decisions are based on accurate information. They assure that information and data provided to regulators and third parties is accurate, complete and can be trusted.
What makes them different is their ability to combine data analytics and assurance with their offerings in regulatory compliance, technology assurance and risk management to offer truly innovative services and solutions to their clients.
About the role
They assist companies in maximising value from their data assets to reduce risk, improve efficiency, ensure compliance and identify and develop new business opportunities
* Assessing data governance processes and operations to manage data submitted to regulatory bodies
* Developing data analytics routines to identify and scenario test risks
* Designing and developing dashboards, visualisations and metrics to improve understanding of business processes and potential weaknesses
* Validating and testing data and reports submitted to regulatory bodies
* Designing automated and data-driven controls and structures to better manage and protect data assets
As a Director you will:
* Manage projects including project delivery, budget and risk
* Lead client-facing project teams, being self-starting and motivated to ensure the team produce the required high standard of deliverables
* Drive team performance and supporting team operations
* Develop and own ARCA propositions and delivery methodologies
* Build and maintain relationships both within our network and with external clients
* Lead business development by managing proposal responses and developing opportunities
About You - In order to be successful you will need to show ability in most of the following areas:
* Data analytics and visualisation products such as Tableau, Spotfire, Qlikview
* Advanced data analytics, using platforms such as SAS, SPSS, R/S/S+
* Strong SQL and data manipulation skills
* Data quality and data cleansing techniques
* Understanding of the principles of data governance
* Experience of the UK Financial Services industry
* Understanding relevant Financial Services regulation (e.g. BCBS, CRD IV, MIFID, EMIR, AML, insider trading, fraud)
* Advanced MS Excel
You will also need to have:
* Track record of managing data project delivery and project teams including ability to meet deadlines, overcome challenges, manage stakeholder expectations and produce project deliverables
* Ability to develop new ideas into structured, deliverable proposals and projects
* Ability to identify and address client needs, develop and maintain meaningful client relationships
* Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
* Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
* Excellent presentation and report writing skills