Safety and Compliance Manager
Posted on Jan 22, 2019 by Waste Connections, Inc.
Job TitleSafety and Compliance Manager
Requisition Primary LocationThe Woodlands, Texas
Corporate Safety and Compliance Manager
Waste Connections is seeking a highly qualified and experienced Safety and Compliance Manager to become part of the Corporate Headquarters in The Woodlands, Texas.
We offer excellent benefits including: Bonus plan, stocks, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance and 401K retirement plan. You will be joining a great team and a company in a "work hard, play harder" environment along with a competitive salary.
- Be highly competent in insurance policy contract interpretation to maximize company protection
- Foster good relationships with brokers, TPA's, and insurers to obtain desirable outcomes
- Participate in the risk related due diligence on new acquisitions
- Embody Safety and Integrity as our core values
- Review customer and vendor contracts for appropriate risk and insurance language
- Support the Risk Management team in all lines of insurance coverage such as auto liability, general liability, workers' compensation, property, inland marine, environmental, marine, aviation, intermodal, and management/professional lines
- Assist with monitoring risk and safety performance metrics
- Share claim information and strategies with other departments such as Safety, Operations, Accounting, Legal, and Human Resources
- Bachelor's Degree
- ARM, CPCU, or other insurance related advanced designation a plus
- Competence with MS Office products
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and results oriented with ability to multi-task
- National and Canadian travel required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent negotiation abilities
- Strong knowledge of DOT and OSHA regulations
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)