Hotel Receptionist in Guildford
Posted on Jan 19, 2019 by Alexander House Hotels & Utopia Spas
Barnett Hill Country House Hotel is a beautiful Queen Anne style property set within 26 acres of lovingly maintained gardens and woodland; sitting in the heart of the Surrey Hill area of outstanding natural beauty.
Located only 15 minutes from Guildford town, Surrey and 45 mins from central London, Barnett Hill is wonderfully convenient yet retains a tranquil and undisturbed rural setting.
Dating back to 1905, the Queen Anne style property was the dream of Frank Cook, Grandson of renowned travel agent 'Thomas Cook'. Since 1944 Barnett Hill has been used for training, conference and events, with bedrooms later being added; to date it now serves as a beautiful property for leisure, dining, wedding and conference events.
Bedrooms at Barnett Hill show historic and contemporary personalities. Each room is individually decorated, comfortable and finely appointed. Barnett Hill offers 59 en-suite bedrooms; many offered in the main house and others located in an adjacent bespoke accommodation building.
Butlers Restaurant operates throughout the week catering for resident and non resident guests and can seat 40/45 guests. There is also Barnett Hill Bar and Traditional Afternoon Tea is offered each day.
Functions, conferences and weddings are a big part of the business at Barnett Hill.
There are 15 meeting rooms catering for up to 70 guests and 3 suites for Civil Ceremonies.
A smart, friendly, well organised, guest service focused individual is sort to complete our professional Hotel Reception team. You must have a five star smile! and a warm and welcoming personality. You are key to our guest service experience throughout their stay.
From the time a guest enters the hotel to the time they pay their bill and leave you will be an important part of the guest experience. Your actions will determine the guest satisfaction levels and the extent to which they get the most out of their stay. You will also be key in providing internal departments with information so that they to can perform to achieve excellence.
- 37.5 hrs per week working 5 days per week including weekend shifts. A mixture of early (7.00am to 3.00pm) and late (2pm - 10pm) shifts
- Welcoming arrival guests
- Guest check-in and rooming
- Enquiry handling - both in person and on the telephone
- Posting of charges and guest billing
- Taking bedroom reservations
- Producing daily Activity Report for all internal departments
- Upselling facilities and rooms
- Organising porter service where needed
- Balancing the shift and completing 'end of day' procedures
- Excellent standard of personal appearance
- Excellent communicator in person and on the telephone
- Warm and friendly disposition
- Genuine desire to serve our guests
- Organised and good attention to detail
- Accurate data entry and computer work
- £16,500 (37.5 hrs per week)
- 4 weeks holiday
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
In addition you will benefit from a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday