Exec Asst, Referee Operations
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by National Basketball Association
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league's on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world's most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA's success.
The Executive Assistant to the Head of Referee Operations will perform a wide variety of administrative activities on behalf of the Referee Operations group, while also supporting other staff members in accomplishing many projects and tasks that impact the daily operations of the department. This position will ensure all matters are handled in a very timely and professional manner, along with being resourceful in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage calendar, meeting and travel schedule, and expense reports for the Head of Referee Operations and ensures that complete and accurate information is available on all matters.
- Answer and screens phone calls.
- Serves as liaison, responds to inquiries and internal and external client requests.
- Coordinate logistics (credentials, hotels, tickets, hospitality, etc.) at various NBA events (All-Star, Playoffs, Finals, etc.).
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality concerning all matters privy to coordinate all meeting planning, and budgeting.
- Analyze department operating practices to create new systems or revise established procedures. Provide general administrative support to the Referee Operations department as needed (ordering office supplies, organizing mail and overseeing shipping of packages).
- Support in special projects and events as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and effectiveness in communicating across all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Track record of successfully working as part of a team, in a fast-paced office environment.
- Advanced aptitude with all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Bachelor's degree preferred
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Secretary, Administrative Assistant, Executive Assistant, Operations, Administrative