Product Owner Lead - Digital Employee Experience
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Nike
Overview NIKE Digital is taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it. At NIKE Digital, we embrace open source, contributing to the community by building - and sharing - digital solutions that work on a global scale. We invest in cutting-edge technologies and work with a network of open source libraries and tools, like React.js, Node.js and GraphQL. These investments and tools help us advance web and native UI development, evolve our data science and eCommerce capabilities, refine our DevOps and retool our services infrastructure.
We're passionate about NIKE and all the swoosh represents: limitless drive, innovation, creativity and possibilities for collaboration. We focus relentlessly on talent and are always looking for ways to encourage growth. We are inspired by the NIKE legends who built an empire rethinking product and service, and we seek to bring that level of innovation to our technologies. Our vision is to build and deliver extraordinary NIKE platforms, services and products directly to athletes* around the world.
*If you have a body, you're an athlete.
- Full Time
- Level: Corporate
- Travel: Minimal
Success Profile At Nike Digital, we're revolutionizing fitness and sport. We're creating personalized digital experiences that inspire athletes to move faster, push harder and acheive their personal best. As a team, we're motivated by Nike's proud legacy of always being first. Join our world-class technologists in finding innovative ways to engage consumers and strengthen their connection to our products, services and brand. The work you do today will help modernize the workplace and prove essential to Nike's future success and growth.
- Digitally Savvy
- Technologically Savvy
- socially conscious
- team player
Nike gives me the freedom to create, to innovate, to fail. Our team is encouraged to experiment and take risks, a process out of which our digital future grows. Chris Peddecord Front End Engineer, Nike Digital
Nike is one of the biggest and most prestigious brands. Making nike.com live up to that prestige and work at a global scale, is the kind of challenge that brings me back to work, day-after-day. Ryan Miller Technical Architect
- Tuition Reimbursment
- Paid Time Off/Summer Fridays
- Family Support
- Relocation Reimbursement
- Work/Life Balance
- Company Wide Volunteering
At Nike, we serve athletes. Fueled by the insights of the world's best, we design and create products to elevate human potential on a global scale. And it's on us, the Global Operations Team (GOT), to help bring this mission to life.
We are a diverse lineup of thousands spread across the globe. Together, we are building a smarter, more connected and automated value chain. And we are looking for world-class talent like you to contribute to this journey.
Nike Technology designs, creates and implements the methods and tools needed to make the world's largest sports brand run faster, smarter and more securely. Global Technology teams aggressively innovate the solutions needed to help employees navigate Nike's rapidly evolving landscape. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Simply put, without Nike Technology, there are no Nike products.
Digital Employee Experience is a new program as part of Nike's culture strategy with the goal to create a more connected, intuitive, productive, inspiring, and digital experience for our employees.
The Digital Employee Experience project team needs a strong Product Owner with experience working in an agile environment, who will represent the voice of both the customer and Product Management vision to the teams. As a Product Owner you will be working closely with Product Management, stakeholders, and architects in collaboration to define and prioritize features and stories to ensure alignment with customer and program needs.
- Anticipate the needs of, collaborate with and act as the voice of the customer for one or two interrelated teams
- Work with Product Management to define the product, ensure it is integrated into the Program and communicate the vision to the Agile Team(s)
- Frequently provide input on the Product Roadmap; actively identify and solution for risks and constraints; continually identify dependencies and coordinate with dependent teams
- Own, maintain and prioritize their team's product backlog(s); facilitate feature mapping, break features into stories, define acceptance criteria, ensure capacity for enablers and defects
- Ensure teams have the full context and understanding of customers and business environment to create valuable solutions
- Ensure the readiness of the work, accept or reject work results, and that the work is aligned to the Product Roadmap
- Prioritize and make trade-offs based on understanding of strategies, budget, epics, enabler requirements, defects, dependent teams, goals and the value features and stories bring to customers and the business
- Assist in removing roadblocks for the Agile Teams
- Be the final decision maker for prioritization of the team's work
- Work with the team(s) to ensure all stories are supported, clear, and delivered in high quality
- Understand how features are performing, the level of customer satisfaction, and provide suggestions for improvements
- Advanced understanding of the Agile principles and methodologies and how they're applied in workplace culture
- Able to solve complex problems and take a new perspective on existing solutions
- Must excel working in team-oriented roles that rely on ability to collaborate with others
- In-depth understanding of technology systems and the ecosystem the team works in to help team in overcoming roadblocks
- Effective collaboration and relationship management
- Excellent team dynamics, conflict resolution, mentoring, and servant leadership
- Effective facilitation skills within teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- Experience resolving issues with higher levels of management
- Experience leading cross-functional work
- Proven ability to respond to and prioritize changing demands effectively
- Strong understanding of Product subject matter
- Experience leading others in resolving complex issues
- Ability to anticipate customer needs
- Experience in developing innovative solutions
- Experience in experience design is a plus
- Minimum 6 years relevant work experience with Bachelor's degree
- Experience working with Agile teams
- Experience working with Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools, VersionOne preferred
- Experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum, LEAN, Kanban, XP Programming etc.
- Previous experience as a team lead preferred