Sr. Data Scientist
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Frontdoor Inc.
Collaborates with partners across the Company in product, marketing, operations and finance departments to develop business insights and make actionable recommendations. Examines data to uncover insights, design experiments and measure the impact, and ultimately help influence decision-making across the entire organization. Responsible for combining different sources of data to contribute to strategic and operational decision making.
- Interacts with stakeholders to establish business metrics and analytical frameworks that measure the health of our products, our customer experience, and contractor performance.
- Partners with product managers, pricing analysts, marketers, and operators to translate business insights into decisions and action.
- Designs product experiments, analyzes results, communicates next steps, supports launch decisions.
- Is the in-house subject matter expert and will be instrumental in helping the Company continue its evolution into a data driven, analytical culture.
- Pursues a variety of issues ranging from understanding our customers and contractors to ensuring profitable product portfolio management.
- Partners in the research and development of data models to produce insights around complex and impactful problems in the home services business.
- Creates and statistically analyzes large data sets of internal and external data.
- Prepares results to be communicated across the organization in a way that informs and drives the organization to action.
- Performs data analysis and rigorous testing to ensure high quality assets.
- Analyzes new data sources for availability and quality, and integrates with internal sources to support research or analytics.
- Builds both ad hoc and reusable data access code and maintains that code to support analytics.
- Provides training and support to analytics team and advance users.
- Partners with IT on data, reporting, and analytics projects as needed.
- Creates and maintains documentation for models and outcomes.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant fields such as Statistics, Econometrics, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics or Engineering
- Experience in handling data in large quantities (e.g. Hadoop, SQL databases)
- Experience with analytical (visualization) software such as SAS, R. Matlab, Scipy, Python
- 3+ years of relevant experience in data science or analytics role
- Critical thinking skills in formulating hypotheses, interpreting results
- Self-motivated with strong attention to detail
- Ability to anticipate problems and opportunities and the initiative to pursue solutions.
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to handle high levels of ambiguity
- Ability to communicate complex statistical concepts and output to non-experts in both a written and verbal manner
- Technical experience in SPSs, Big Query, Google Analytics, Excel and/or Tableau a plus
- Business insight
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines