Home Health Branch Director, RN
Posted on Jan 19, 2019 by Encompass Health
Patient Coverage Area: Reston, VA
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer! The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring a Branch Director for its Reston, Virgina home health location.
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health's enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Scholarship program for employees and their children.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians.
- Incentivized bonus plan.
Responsibilities Home Health Branch Directors with Encompass Health are Registered Nurses who supervise and oversee operational and clinical success in delivery of quality patient care. Reporting to the Agency Administrator, this role includes supervising the branch's office and field staff, and effectively managing the agency's services, budget, and clinical outcome goals. Attention to detail, excellent oral and written communication skills, and efficient organizational competencies are best-suited for this position, as the Branch Director works with Sales staff, vendors, physicians, and other internal and external partners. Also helpful is a thorough understanding of home health care guidelines and governing practices. Previous home health and management experience will serve you well in this rewarding role, and an excellent knowledge of OASIS and EMR platforms is beneficial.
Qualifications The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Registered Nurse with active/current licenses in the state of employment, or in accordance with the Board of Nursing rules for the nurse licensure compact (NLC).
- Must also be a graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Obtained minimum of one-year nursing experience within the last 36 months/3 consecutive years.
- Home health operations experience is strongly preferred.
- Previous management/supervisory experience is preferred.
- Effective and demonstrated business development experience, specifically working with internal partners and external referral sources and vendors.
- Demonstrate a professional, organized demeanor while multi-tasking and effectively, communicating both orally and in writing.
- Competent in utilizing computers/electronic-equipment.
- Knowledge of the clinical workflow in Homecare Homebase (HCHB) strongly preferred.
- Experienced with cost reports, OSHA requirements for health care providers, home and community support services rules and regulations, quality improvement for health care providers, competency documentation and evaluating skilled staff and peer review reporting.
- Must have a current driver's license and automobile insurance.
- Dependable transportation and the ability to drive an automobile in all types of weather conditions is required.
- Must adhere to all state rules pertaining to the operation of a motor vehicle.
As a national leader of post-acute care, Encompass Health offers facility-based and home-based patient care through our network of inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies and hospice agencies. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cost-effective care across the post-acute continuum. Driven by a set of shared values, Encompass Health is the result of the union between HealthSouth Corporation and Encompass Home Health & Hospice.
Our approach to post-acute care sets us apart. We firmly believe that every success starts with our dedicated team of professionals, so we make sure they are empowered with the tools they need to help our patients be successful. Innovative technologies, advanced therapies, customized treatment plans, coordinated care teams - these are all part of our promise to deliver the highest level of care.
Mission: Connected Care, Superior Outcomes.