Senior Management Accountant
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Blackpool and The Fylde College
About the role
Based on the Fylde coast across 5 main locations, B&FC is both academically and financially one of the UK's leading colleges and while already generating £53m income pa aims to grow significantly over the next 3 years. It has a strong record of investing in its staff and resources to ensure the best possible experience and outcomes for its students and has highly developed relationships with major employers across the UK.
The Finance team is made up of 19 colleagues across 4 teams - Financial Operations, Payroll, Procurement and Business Partnership all based on our main site at Bispham campus. This role will be responsible for the Business Partner and reporting function currently comprising of 6 direct reports. Having just completed a significant investment in a finance transformation project we are now seeking an ambitious, experienced finance professional to support an ongoing culture of continuous improvement as a key member of the Finance Leadership Team.
Summary of responsibilities
1. Leadership of business partner function including financial reporting, planning and systems.
2. Develop effective key stakeholder relationships in order to challenge performance and drive continuous improvement.
3. Ownership of financial system and reporting
4. Continuously drive improvement of financial and commercial processes.
Principal Role Duties
1. Ensure effective leadership and development of Business partner and reporting service.
2.Provide clear, insightful financial information to key stakeholders to drive commercial culture and improve business performance.
3. Produce accurate, timely: Monthly business performance pack, b udgets and quarterly forecasts, s tatutory accounts and e xternal returns - ESFA, OfS, LEP, HMRC, Office of Statistics, Charity Commission and internal/external audit.
4. Forecast 2 year cash balances and manage borrowing and investment activity.
5. Support business case production and review including - commercial bids and capital/investment assessments.
6. Drive continuous process improvement and automation.
7. Lead ad hoc financial projects as required.
Rewards and Benefits:
- 35 days annual leave entitlement
- Competitive pension scheme
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) opportunities
- Free courses*
- Subsidised sports facilities, including a fully-equipped Gym (Bispham Campus)
- Free eye tests and healthcare schemes
- Free car parking
- Free 'healthy' breakfast - (dependant on campus)
- Onsite Starbucks
- Food outlets catering for a variety of choices, including Level 6 restaurant (Bispham Campus)
- Access to discounted on-site facilities including: Hair and beauty treatments, Bakery and printing services.
- Family friendly policies
- Access to mental health support and advice
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
Reward and Benefit Package
To view our full reward and benefit package, please visit our Benefits section.