Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by QBE
Senior Security Analyst
Who we are :
QBE's European Operations, which accounts for over 27% of QBE Group turnover, is a leading specialist in London market and European commercial lines business. Active in both the Lloyd's and company market; QBE offers considerable diversity to the broking community. We are a socially responsible company and give our customers the ability to invest a portion of their premiums in environmentally and socially beneficial projects.
This position will help manage day-to-day workload of technology care and feeding (vulnerability management, endpoint protection, monitoring) and change work across the platforms that the team manages.
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor adherence to information security policies, process and procedures; maintain information security documentation and reporting to ensure that information security management is effective and integrated with other Information Technology (IT) processes
- Ensure operational effectiveness and efficiency by reviewing and evaluating information security practices, identifying opportunities for improvement and acting on key issues that may impede information security to maintain process integrity
- Identify, communicate and monitor standards and quality criteria for information security to provide to relevant stakeholders to assure consistency, alignment and a full audit trail
- Assess and deliver a long-term log management and data retention plan for all devices
- Assist in measuring compliance against minimum security baselines using a combination of manual and automated methods; work with application and server teams to remediate identified gaps
- Collaborate with architecture, engineering and operations to tightly integrate real time security monitoring; participate in planning and enterprise architecture optimization
- Manage and work with vendors to troubleshoot issues, problems and enhancements
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
- 3 years relevant experience performing information security assessments in an information technology environment
- Experience in security related incident response
- Experience with DLP (data loss prevention) platforms along with the ability to build repeatable processes
- CEH, CISSP, CISM, CCSP, SANS, CREST (Preferred)
- Working knowledge of process management and continuous improvement methods and techniques
- Working knowledge of legislative and regulatory compliance
We view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job. Search for QBE on Vercida to learn more about our Diversity and Inclusion programmes and policies.
Please click the 'Apply' button to be taken to the job on our system.
Number of Openings:
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.