Senior Direct Marketing Manager (Acquisition)
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by CENTREPOINT
Centrepoint is the UK's leading charity for homeless young people. Working with over 10,000 young people every year, our vision is to end youth homelessness. While we pursue this vision, our immediate focus is on providing vulnerable young people with a place to call home and a chance to acquire the skills they need to build a better future.
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Direct marketing manager to join our growing Individual Giving Team. This year Individual Giving generated over half of Centrepoint's voluntary income and there are ambitious plans in place to grow our regular giving and cash income even further. The recruitment of new supporters is essential in order for us to deliver this ambitious strategy
Currently the acquisition programme uses a diverse mix of channels to recruit new supporters including; direct dialogue, TV, digital, press and telemarketing, however, in this competitive environment we are continually looking for ways to develop new products and fundraising propositions in order to target new audiences.
You will be expected to work with industry-leading agencies and work closely with internal teams including Data & Insight, Development and Supporter Care and digital and PR. In addition you will need to engage with all of the housing and support teams across England (London, Manchester and the North East), which will be key to this role.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of managing a successful acquisition team and programme delivering year on year growth to meet ambitious income targets.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Proven success in developing successful acquisition plans and budgets.
- Proven success of managing and delivering an acquisition programme, delivering a number of direct marketing channels and ensuring the programme is in line with agreed annual budgets.
- Experience in managing a high performing team, motivating and supporting individuals to achieve targets and work in line Centrepoint values.
- Experience of media buying either directly or through an agency.
- Experience of managing F2F/D2D programmes ideally an in-house operation.
- Proven success of developing & testing new products, propositions and channels to recruit new supporters.
- Awareness of the external environment including staying up to date with technology, innovation and emerging trends in both the commercial and not for profit sectors, used to identifying opportunities to harness new developments to improve IG activity.
- Strong creative judgement with the ability to spot good idea's early and motivate agencies to deliver brilliant creative.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, excellent training and development and a host of staff benefits such as interest free travel loan and stakeholder pension scheme entitlement. You will work in a supportive yet challenging environment and take pride in the result of your efforts, which will have a direct impact on young people.
Interviews will take place on Friday 8th February 2019.
We seek to challenge discrimination and are committed to fairness and equality. We especially welcome applications from anyone with direct experience of being homeless or using young people's services.